Board logo

Insurance for a 17 year old
Thinking about it - 4/4/10 at 12:09 PM

Has anyone any recommendations?
I have always used Quinn for my daughter. Just come to get a quote for number two daughter and it seems they have gone into administration and not writing policies in the UK any longer.

eddie99 - 4/4/10 at 12:28 PM

Admiral or Elephant (same companies) that's who i'm with...

Richard Quinn - 4/4/10 at 12:32 PM

Just had a quote for my daughter from ikube. They have to have a gps fitted and can't use the car between 11pm and some time early morning. It was nearly 1k cheaper than the next nearest fully comp quote.

Stuart_B - 4/4/10 at 02:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Quinn
Just had a quote for my daughter from ikube. They have to have a gps fitted and can't use the car between 11pm and some time early morning. It was nearly 1k cheaper than the next nearest fully comp quote.

and within the times the can not be used, keeps them out off trouble.

i would try tesco or tesco vaule insurance

stuart

Humbug - 4/4/10 at 03:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by eddie99

I got insurance with Admiral for my 17 year old daughter last year. Just had renewal and found Diamond and Elephant (and Adminral themselves) were £200 less on comparison sites. They said thay would match, then it came down nearly £300!. Also, they do a "1 year NCB for a 10 month policy" deal so I have just renewed after 10 months and got the extra discount.

[Edited on 04.04.2010 by Humbug]

eddie99 - 4/4/10 at 03:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Humbug
quote:
Originally posted by eddie99

I got insurance with Admiral for my 17 year old daughter last year. Just had renewal and found Diamond and Elephant (and Adminral themselves) were £200 less on comparison sites. They said thay would match, then it came down nearly £300!. Also, they do a "1 year NCB for a 10 month policy" deal so I have just renewed after 10 months and got the extra discount.

[Edited on 04.04.2010 by Humbug]

Thats what we're on, the 10months for the 1NCB

bassett - 4/4/10 at 03:53 PM

I think my sister got her cheapest quote with Diamond

Ivan - 4/4/10 at 04:47 PM

Sorry - this is off topic - when you talk about insurance rates in the UK are they annual or monthly

Excuse an ignorant South African but just inquisitive.

eddie99 - 4/4/10 at 04:56 PM

Annual