Board logo

How do prove engine age without any documentation?
Antnicuk - 20/8/19 at 03:51 PM

Thanks. My New project is putting a partly built indy through the iva.
My main concern is that it has a 2.0 pinto on webers. I have no documentation, i don't mind a Q plate but my understanding is that if I can't prove the age of the engine then the 'effective date' defaults to 1st August 1997 for the purposes of emmisions. Which my old pinto won't pass the requirements for. I need to know how I prove the age of the engine. If anyone can help I would be grateful

loggyboy - 20/8/19 at 03:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Antnicuk
My main concern is that it has a 2.0 pinto on webers. I have no documentation, i don't mind a Q plate but my understanding is that if I can't prove the age of the engine then the 'effective date' defaults to 1st August 1997 for the purposes of emmisions. Which my old pinto won't pass the requirements for. I need to know how I prove the age of the engine. If anyone can help I would be grateful

Should be easy enough for a ford. Send the engine number with covering letter to.

Ford Technical Information Centre
PO Box 300
Walsall
WS5 4QH

Think they want £25 these days.

Antnicuk - 20/8/19 at 04:01 PM

Perfect, thank you

nick205 - 20/8/19 at 04:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:
Originally posted by Antnicuk

Should be easy enough for a ford. Send the engine number with covering letter to.

Ford Technical Information Centre
PO Box 300
Walsall
WS5 4QH

Think they want £25 these days.

That's what I did and they wrote back within a week stating the engine age - satisfied the SVA man OK.

rusty nuts - 20/8/19 at 05:25 PM

Even easier have a look at Burtons catalogue , they list Ford engine codes and dates of manufacture. You will need the first two letters of the engine number

Antnicuk - 20/8/19 at 05:26 PM

Thanks, is that enough for iva man?

SteveWalker - 20/8/19 at 08:25 PM

Yes. IVA testers will accept the info from Burton Power. Didn't the pinto engine cease production before the 1995 Cat cut-off date anyway though? They would surely accept that if that were the case.

snapper - 21/8/19 at 05:52 AM

Burton catalogue and no cat required.
The catalogue page has been used for IVA for many years

Schrodinger - 21/8/19 at 07:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by snapper
Burton catalogue and no cat required.
The catalogue page has been used for IVA for many years

But I would speak to the IVA centre you are going to use and check just in case they feel otherwise.