Board logo

Nominated repairer
luke2152 - 2/7/18 at 12:32 PM

So last week i was involved in an accident in my gbs zero. I was lucky enough to get out relatively unharmed. The car didnt fare so well. Now insurance company wants me to nominate a repairer to assess the vehicle. I can't think of anyone qualified to do this other than GBS themselves and they aren't a million miles away. In reality unfortunately i would be very surprised if it were not written off. Any recommendations?

HowardB - 2/7/18 at 02:13 PM

faced with the same issue, see my pic archives I used a company called Banwell to asses the damage and convinced them not to write it off. I had quotes from a couple of chassis builders to rebuild it, it went to Steve at Fury as he had the jig.
The repair costs were in quite high and a normal car would have been written off, I was able to show the cost of replacement was very high,..

pleased you are ok, shame about the motor

hth

luke2152 - 2/7/18 at 09:49 PM

Thanks for the advice Howard. Is Banwells in Burnley (as per google) or is that just their head office? located Does anyone else have any recommendations as its kind of a big decision. I'll give GBS a ring tomorrow too and see if they do that kind of thing.

luke2152 - 3/7/18 at 11:33 PM

I went to look at the car today and it's looking pretty sorry for itself. As far as I can tell chassis looks straight including all the wishbone mounts. Likewise for the engine and gearbox. Everything else is pretty much f*cked

The post accident photo shows how lucky I was going through 3 fence posts. If I'd gone through the 4th it would have hit me directly in the driver seat.

Deckman001 - 4/7/18 at 08:38 AM

Ouch !! Am glad your ok after that, It's a sobering thought id not even considered, I've been bought a weekend hire of a Caterham and was looking forward to the driving in country lanes around the south, but hadn't even thought of 'What if '

Jason

theduck - 4/7/18 at 11:15 AM

I think the only reasonable repair option is manufacturer tbh

luke2152 - 4/7/18 at 08:38 PM

It's being transported to GBS tomorrow. We'll see what they have to say. I'm not entirely sure myself what outcome I want from it.