Board logo

Through radiator spring loaded fan fittings
r1_pete - 23/7/19 at 06:39 PM

Is anyone using a fan fitted with the spring loaded rods which go through the rad fins??

Any issues? I’m a bit sceptical, for fear of radiator damage.....

HowardB - 23/7/19 at 07:05 PM

the man on the Binky video said that they were fine - the plastic clip things - I am sceptical too and used a brace as well,..

number-1 - 23/7/19 at 07:07 PM

Ive used them on a single seater with 1 rad in either side pod and they were fine. No damage at all and did the job well.

big_wasa - 23/7/19 at 07:39 PM

I threaded some thin silicone pipe over the ties, binned the springs and used the foam pads.

Depends on the value of the rad but I would use them again.

40inches - 23/7/19 at 07:53 PM

Used them on 3 rads without a problem, although on all three I made sure the fan was resting on the lip of the bottom tank, not hanging by the clips.

r1_pete - 23/7/19 at 08:19 PM

Thanks all, I’ll give them a try, I can rest it on the bottom lip too so theres now downward pull, I like the silicone hose idea too.

ianhurley20 - 23/7/19 at 08:30 PM

I've used them on an MX5 fan onto a VW polo rad and on an ST170 engined car with a bespoke aluminium rad and gave one set to a friend who usd them on a race car all with no issues at all.

nick205 - 24/7/19 at 09:46 AM

I've used them before without problems (road car). I'd be more sceptical using them on an off road vehicle where they could come under extra load/force.