Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pickup for personal use insurance
r1_pete

posted on 7/2/09 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
Pickup for personal use insurance

I'm still considering buying an L200 pickup for private use, but, all the insurance companies I've tried assume it is for own business use.

Does anyone on here use a 4 seat 4x4 pickup as a private car, and where did you get insured?

Cheers.
Pete.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 7/2/09 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
Most SDP policies ive had include use in connection with your business, so it might not be costing you any more, unless they are quoting for a commercial policy. Cant see why it would be a problem, i insured a van as SDP use a long time ago.
eznfrank

posted on 7/2/09 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
Is it the double cab pickup? Most Insurers treat those as a "lifestyle pickup", and insure as normal car whereas single cab is classed as commercial.

[Edited on 7/2/09 by eznfrank]

hector

posted on 7/2/09 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
Hi I used Adrian Flux for my P100 pick up insurance no problem, they did it for private use
cheers

mr henderson

posted on 7/2/09 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
The four door pickups are basically tax dodges, people who are registered for VAT can reclaim the vat on purchase or lease payments, and still use it for shopping and picking up the kids.

Perhaps insurance companies have realised that while HMRC either haven't or are turning a blind eye to it

John

JoelP

posted on 7/2/09 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mr henderson
The four door pickups are basically tax dodges, people who are registered for VAT can reclaim the vat on purchase or lease payments, and still use it for shopping and picking up the kids.

Perhaps insurance companies have realised that while HMRC either haven't or are turning a blind eye to it

John

If you use it for personal use as well as commercial, then you cant claim back the full amount of VAT. When you get inspected they will be asking probing questions about what it is used for!

mr henderson

posted on 7/2/09 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
quote:
Originally posted by mr henderson

John

If you use it for personal use as well as commercial, then you cant claim back the full amount of VAT. When you get inspected they will be asking probing questions about what it is used for!

Absolutely. I expect most users of these vehicles claim that it's only 90% commercial use!

John

Danozeman

posted on 7/2/09 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
Sureterm advertise 4x4 insurance so may be worth a try..

if you go with them tell them i sent you and quote my refernce and il get 20 quid of my renewal next year

[Edited on 7/2/09 by Danozeman]

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.