Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Multi car insurance
Yazza54

posted on 14/2/11 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
Multi car insurance

Does anyone know of any insurers that will insure a banger and a kit on the same policy?

I need a runaround really but I can't afford the insurance as well as keeping the fury due to my age (20 with 2yrs NCB) I don't want to sell the fury but if I want to have any kind of life outside my kit car interests I might have to sell it.

Ran a quote through before on a group one cinquecento 899cc and it's f***ing double what I pay to drive a road legal race car!?!?

Any other young people with a kit car and a runaround?

I'm unhappy cos I eat and I eat cos I'm unhappy

Mr Whippy

posted on 14/2/11 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
can you put it through your mums or a girlfriends policy as you as a named second driver? that will put the premiums down for you but will not build up your NCB

Tbh I ran my JBA Falcon for about 3 years as my only daily car which isn't that different to the Fury. Do you have a roof for it? A hard top, windscreen and heater would make it quite pleasent I'm sure. Much better way to spend the money than another car and insurance.

btw I had a cinquecento and it is a utterly sh%t car, rusts to bits in no time and the engines are rubbish. Would not recommend one at all. Handings awful too, I did a 360 spin on a roundabout in the rain only just missing another car and I wasn't even going very fast, my Bluebird handles better and it's like a boat!

I crushed mine with the my JCB and burried it in the garden, along with the caravan, no joke

[Edited on 14/2/11 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alfa145

posted on 14/2/11 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
Not seen any specifically doing it. Try ringing the usual kit car insurers and see what they say, if you tell them it for limited mileage they might give you a lower quote.

Or buy a waterproof and dive the fury every day :p

matty h

posted on 14/2/11 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
I have multi car policy for two kit cars with premium choice not sure about if they would do it with kit car and tin top.
coyoteboy

posted on 14/2/11 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
can you put it through your mums or a girlfriends policy as you as a named second driver? that will put the premiums down for you but will not build up your NCB

Fairly sure that'd be fraud if she's not the primary driver. Companies are cracking down on this sort of thing more and more, including hiring PIs.

eddie99

posted on 14/2/11 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
Fit a roof to the fury and use that everyday

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Yazza54

posted on 14/2/11 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
Couldn't use the fury it's like being in purgatory sat in traffic in a BEC! No screen either so no roof!

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 14/2/11 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
I got interested in a multi car policy from footman James, but when I enquired it turned out to be applicable to two kits or two classics. They were not interested in my tin-top.
Yazza54

posted on 16/2/11 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys, now thinking it may be possible to use another cheap kitcar like a GTM rossa, k3 or maybe quantum? Any ideas no matter how daft are welcome as I really do not want to have to sell my pride and joy!!

owelly

posted on 16/2/11 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Huh? The guy I work with has a policy with Footman James that covers his daily Mondeo TDCi and his MGBGT. Works out at £34 more than just the Mondeo on its own!!

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cliftyhanger

posted on 16/2/11 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Quantum a good idea. OK the saloon type (sorry, coupe) is not exactly pretty, but cheap to buy, run, depending on engine, and almost a rust free fiesta. What could possibly hold you back!
stevebubs

posted on 9/4/11 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
Huh? The guy I work with has a policy with Footman James that covers his daily Mondeo TDCi and his MGBGT. Works out at £34 more than just the Mondeo on its own!!

Both "production" cars...

beaver34

posted on 9/4/11 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
i been looking for multi car as im 23 and have two classics and a kit and they wont do it untill over 25

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.