Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: someone recommend me an insurance broker
mads

posted on 9/3/11 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
someone recommend me an insurance broker

Hi,
really struggling to get my premium down this year for the tintop. They want £300 (£50 more compared to last year) even though my accident no longer applies with most companies (as over 3 years ago) and same with my SP30. So does anyone have details of a good broker who might be able to help? have tried the price comparison sites but they all look at the same lot of insurers and give the same prices.

cheers,

mads

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

steve m

posted on 9/3/11 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
I just saved £130 by transfering from Swinton to Hastings direct
RoadkillUK

posted on 9/3/11 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
Aviva has been good to me, also if you use quidco there's £60 cash back ... LINK

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Davey D

posted on 9/3/11 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
I would definately recommend "A Plan". Always very helpful, and professional on the phone, and always seem to be able to beat everyone else on my tintop renewals. 01635 874 646
mookaloid

posted on 9/3/11 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
£300 doesn't sound too bad to me what are you insuring?

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

Mr Whippy

posted on 9/3/11 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
I use go compare as it's very good at getting the best deals (no I don't work for them...)

I wouldn't recommend AXA as they were really bad for not keeping to their agreed valuation for the Falcon and it took 2 years and a heap of work on my part to get it resolved

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
austin man

posted on 9/3/11 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
£300 I wish, mines nearer £500 clean licence and 40 something cars 10 years old at that

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

mads

posted on 9/3/11 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid
£300 doesn't sound too bad to me what are you insuring?

N reg VW Golf 1.4

It's the fact that my accident shouldn't count now, my SP30 in some instances doesnt count anymore and I am another year older. I know insurances have gone up but surely it should mean that the two scales should balance rather than me paying more this year than last?

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

Brook_lands

posted on 9/3/11 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
You've just got to shop around, insurance has shot up this year. Mine went up 56%, only difference from last year to this is that I added another 12 months of claim free, accident free and (touch wood) points free. Other halfs insurance went up 28%. Shopped around and got my increase down to 28% then went to Admiral Multicar. They match my best quote, added the missus' car and got 14% reduction on last years premium, added daughter's car for half what she paid last year. Total cost for 3 cars last year £1149, this year £913 - but it was hard work.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.