Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Insurance Comparison Websites
Hellfire

posted on 20/4/11 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
Insurance Comparison Websites

Are insurance comparison websites the cheapest way to find car insurance? I'm not convinced they are any more.......

My insurance renewal quote is a massive 75% increase on the previous years policy Tried a few comparison websites to get it cheaper but they're not much better than my renewal quote.

Can anybody recommend a cheap insurance company that isn't covered by the comparison websites?

I've tried Admirals multi-car policy but that just seems to be a complete rip-off..

Phil

[Edited on 20-4-11 by Hellfire]

jossey

posted on 20/4/11 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
dont get me started on the comparison sites.

did a quick check for a new car and got 11 searches on my credit file from prospective clients. which effects your credit rating from 999 to around 930 which p**sed me right off.

although i did find a cheap deal......

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
40inches

posted on 20/4/11 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
Try the Tesco comparison site, I saved £135 on the SAAB, I was with Tesco and went with Swift

femster87

posted on 20/4/11 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jossey
dont get me started on the comparison sites.

did a quick check for a new car and got 11 searches on my credit file from prospective clients. which effects your credit rating from 999 to around 930 which p**sed me right off.

although i did find a cheap deal......

i thought It was mad when I noticed that, was thinking it can't be right. they should not be allowed to do that. If your not planning on paying monthy and have not confirmed an application, then they should not be authorised to do that.

[Edited on 20/4/11 by femster87]

rgrs

posted on 20/4/11 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
Use a broker, I have just had flux return a renewal of £340 an increase of over £120 on last years premium.

Try Frank pickles, they will normally quote on anything, they returned a quote for £207.

Will even try them for the wife's car this year

Roger

Mr Whippy

posted on 20/4/11 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
tbh I have been using Gocompare for a few years now and it's just so easy to get good deals. I hated all the phoning around and endless going over my details again and again...

Since they already have everything and it is easy to transfer no claims discounts I just change company everytime I need insurance, just doing that tends to save me hundreds rather than sticking with one broker

I just laugh at direct line adverts, think of how much of their customers money goes into paying for their ad campain just cos they don't want to be on a comparison site, and yet they still claim to be able to give you a better quote, doesn't add up mate

besides what they say they can save me is more than I even pay for insurance!

[Edited on 20/4/11 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
r1_pete

posted on 20/4/11 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
SWMBO's Liverpool Victoria renewal on her IS300 Lexus was within 5% of last years premium, sub £250 Comp, prot NCB, Legal etc.
britishtrident

posted on 20/4/11 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
Avoid the comparision sites like the plague you will be hit with junk mail, junk email and marketing calls for years afterwards.

Try LV website with LV I am 20% cheaper than last I was with them last year which was cheaper than the previous year but we have been on max ncb for many years ....... don't understand either

The exception to to the comparision sites is getting a price via the Post Office site ---- very good.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.