Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2Gether Insurance are going green!
2GETHER INS

posted on 7/3/12 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
2Gether Insurance are going green!

2Gether Insurance now offer an electronic document service, making us faster, safer & environmentally friendly!

Call us to find out more...

01945 465508

[Edited on 7/3/12 by 2GETHER INS]

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
AdrianH

posted on 7/3/12 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
How would that work if asked to produce, or is that a thing of the past now with the local bobby..

Adrian

Why do I have to make the tools to finish the job? More time then money.

Proby

posted on 7/3/12 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
If it works the same as the other 'Green' insurance companies that use online systems, you just go online to your account and print off the required documents (assuming you have a printer).
loggyboy

posted on 7/3/12 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AdrianH
How would that work if asked to produce, or is that a thing of the past now with the local bobby..

Adrian

as above, but like you say, with the Motor Insurance Database, 'producers' are pretty out of use.

tegwin

posted on 7/3/12 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
Given that most of the vehicles insured are going to be gas guzzling lentil killers.... saving a few grams of carbon printing and posting a bit of paper seems a little strange. Do people really buy into companies that use the green gimik?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

need4speed

posted on 7/3/12 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
Unless things have changed in the last 12months it's worth noting that the DVLA local office in Ipswich most likley all the same, won't accept your printed copy, they require an original from the insurance company.

Well unless you use slightly better quality paper and make sure it's been folded so it looks like it's been in an envelope

That was my experience anyway

Dave

westf27

posted on 7/3/12 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
its a bit like sky tv saying they are carbon neutral ? How many installers vans running around !!

snakebelly

posted on 7/3/12 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
Shrewsbury also wont accept self printed insurance documents, but if you go back the next day with the same document and lie and say it was posted theres no issue....hint ...print it on good quality paper on the the best quality setting for your printer. Dont ask hopw i know!
Hugh_

posted on 7/3/12 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by westf27
its a bit like sky tv saying they are carbon neutral ? How many installers vans running around !!

A firm I used to work for we're carbon neutral because they calculated emissions from all the vans and company cars via the expenses system and then bought carbon credits from a carbon consuming operation (typically a forestation scheme etc.) registered with the carbon trust.

owelly

posted on 7/3/12 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
Surely, 2gether are just saving money by not having to buy stationary and pay postage?

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ashg

posted on 7/3/12 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
dont see how its green your still gonna print it off when they email it to you. all i see is a cost cutting exercise. work out what a sheet of paper a stamp and person to shove it in an envelope costs and apply the discount to my policy is what i say.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

Johneturbo

posted on 7/3/12 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ashg
dont see how its green your still gonna print it off when they email it to you. all i see is a cost cutting exercise. work out what a sheet of paper a stamp and person to shove it in an envelope costs and apply the discount to my policy is what i say.

So that's 50p off your next policy!

ashg

posted on 7/3/12 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
It's still 50p in my pocket and not theirs. Insurance companies rob us for enough as it is already

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

2GETHER INS

posted on 11/3/12 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
The Green Scheme will allow instant online access to your policy documents.
You can log in and view/print duplicate documents and possibly save money as some insurers charge for duplicate documents. If your tax is due and you can't find the certificate just log in and print one off.

The scheme is optional and paper documents are still available.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
AdrianH

posted on 11/3/12 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
I am all for options.

Adrian

Why do I have to make the tools to finish the job? More time then money.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.