Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Direct Line
mad-butcher

posted on 13/3/12 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
Direct Line

Got the renewal for my Pajero up from £490 to £750, did a bit of searching and got a quote with RAC £470 phoned up to see if they would match been with them 8 years, not even remotely interested, renewal for wifes Aygo with same company gone up about £230 again she asked them but even after about 12 years with them not interested, meerkova however got her same type of policy for £261 with Admiral and a free Meercat thrown in,
did notice something strange on the telly though the other night, Direct Line appears to be UKInsurance and on the bottom of the tv screen for either Tesco or Sainsbury's insurance it says provided by UKInsurance just wonder if that's why they don't want to know.
tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
steve m

posted on 13/3/12 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
i did the same as you, and mearcat on the way.

cheapest quote via meacat .com was £244 direect line was £460

wylliezx9r

posted on 13/3/12 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Kξnda strange, they are the cheapest company for me on my a3 diesel tin top.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

britishtrident

posted on 13/3/12 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
A lot of people I know who found Admiral cheap in the first year but the word is come renewal time expect a major price hike.
I have often going to insurance companies own sites produces a better quote than price comparision sites, the only exception I found was the Post office comparision site.

These days most of the family fleet are on LV we have been for a few years now and we are always very happy with the renewal quotes.

[Edited on 13/3/12 by britishtrident]

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

mad-butcher

posted on 13/3/12 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
My MK is with one of LV's sister companies Highway must admit no change in price for 3 years
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
loggyboy

posted on 13/3/12 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
make sure you requote thru directline as a new customer. I have always found the renewal price they offer to be along way above what they quote online.
wilkingj

posted on 14/3/12 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
Unfortunately these days the companies are more interested in attracting new business than retaining old (and probably good) customers.

Its possibly that the Company policy (and therefore some STATS) is chasing new business, so people can say, "we have got XXX new customers" whilst quietly not mentioning loosing YYY existing and loyal customers.

The Post Office did some figures some years ago. It costs 5 times more to attract new customers than to retain existing customers.

I left Norwich Union (now Aviva) after 26 years of being a customer over exactly this, a 90% hike on my 15 yr old 110 Diesel Land Rover. Crazy!

These days it just pays to shop around. Sad but true... Loyalty counts for nothing these days. I dont understand why they cant see it.
Its probably down to some executive having a drive to get more customers and not considering the existing ones, so he can get a bonus for "Drumming up more new customers"

Seen it all before!!

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

40inches

posted on 14/3/12 at 11:04 AM Reply With Quote
Same with breakdown cover, renewal from RAC came in at £220 for the full jobby, checked on RAC website as a new customer:
£135. Phone call to RAC call centre and that's what we paid. Result

britishtrident

posted on 14/3/12 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
Same with breakdown cover, renewal from RAC came in at £220 for the full jobby, checked on RAC website as a new customer:
£135. Phone call to RAC call centre and that's what we paid. Result

AA tried to slap us with a similar hike fortunately for them I was extremely p***ed off with them any away as they had used my mobile number which they had captured when I used to get vehicle recovered for marketing calls.

I was going to go to switch to Green Flag who have been very good when my daughter needed them but in the end I just added Britannia Rescue for me and the wife to to the LV insurance, all the cover me and the wife will ever need for an added £59.

[/I]

britishtrident

posted on 14/3/12 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wilkingj
Unfortunately these days the companies are more interested in attracting new business than retaining old (and probably good) customers.

Its possibly that the Company policy (and therefore some STATS) is chasing new business, so people can say, "we have got XXX new customers" whilst quietly not mentioning loosing YYY existing and loyal customers.

The Post Office did some figures some years ago. It costs 5 times more to attract new customers than to retain existing customers.

I left Norwich Union (now Aviva) after 26 years of being a customer over exactly this, a 90% hike on my 15 yr old 110 Diesel Land Rover. Crazy!

These days it just pays to shop around. Sad but true... Loyalty counts for nothing these days. I dont understand why they cant see it.
Its probably down to some executive having a drive to get more customers and not considering the existing ones, so he can get a bonus for "Drumming up more new customers"

Seen it all before!!

Interestingly Aviva (General Accident/Norwich Union or what ever they call themselves this week) usually quote a cheaper price via the Post Office comparison quote engine than on their own site.

[/I]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.