Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Does this seem a reasonable quote?
-matt

posted on 9/8/12 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
Does this seem a reasonable quote?

Been trying some quotes for my MK indy R, with 2008 R1 engine.

Flux have just quoted me £896, with 3000 miles Fully comp, £300 excess, breakdown.

Im 22, 0NCB to use, live in rural gloucestershire .

Does this seem about right for my age? or do yu think i could get better?

Cheers

loggyboy

posted on 9/8/12 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
Insurance is very varible, the only way to be sure how good it is, is to get as many comparible quotes as you can. Get dialing!

Mistral Motorsport

40inches

posted on 9/8/12 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
Phone 2gether, I was quoted £720 with Frank Pickles, 2gether got me a quote for £125 for same policy . Adrian Flux wouldn't
give me a quote on the VIN number.

-matt

posted on 9/8/12 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
I will gibe 2gether ago.

That quote with flux was on the vin. Although only for up to 42 days.

-matt

posted on 9/8/12 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
Just tried 2gether, was told they don't insure under 25's.
Coopz

posted on 9/8/12 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
I'm 23 with an MK Indy R1 (2006) 4 year no claims, I'm currently with Adrian Flux and just paid £473 fully comp. However last year when I was 22 the cheapest quote I could get was with Frank Pickles which was £840 for the year they also insured me on my vin to drive to the IVA.

Hope that helps,

Coopz

Fatgadget

posted on 9/8/12 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by -matt
Just tried 2gether, was told they don't insure under 25's.

Bloody insurance companies! When I was 19 more than 30 year ago had trouble getting insurance for a 997 Mini Cooper.Geezer said come back when you are 21!When I was 25 had a Lotus Mk! Cortina again same story..come back when you are 30! As suggested,do some leg work,shop around or is it - let your fingers do the walking nowadays!

sdh2903

posted on 9/8/12 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Try sureterm aswell. I got a pretty good deal last week with them with European breakdown cover thrown in.

James

posted on 9/8/12 at 11:38 PM Reply With Quote
You sure you'll do 3000 miles in it?

Not many people actually manage that. IF you drop quote to 2000 it'll be cheaper.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Custardpants

posted on 10/8/12 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
Is that just with you as the only driver? Even if staying as the main driver try putting some old drivers on e.t.c, should reduce the price as your driving time will be diluted in the insurance 'calculator'

NCB makes no difference with flux's kit car policy from what i'm told. If you do go for flux make sure you go over your ins docs - successively they have put a code into my policy docs stating that if the car is stolen no money will be paid without evidence of the cat 1 alarm, despite me at the time specifying that it doesn't have one when deciding on the policy.....does make you wonder if its done on purpose to catch people out...

[Edited on 10/8/12 by Custardpants]

parkiboy

posted on 10/8/12 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
I have recently took out insurance with adrian flux at 560 for the year but I am 24 and have tool my 5 years NBC over as I'll be a named driver on our daily ( I have a works can do don't need a commuter)

I got it cheaper with frank pickles or A plan, can't remember which, it was around 530 but the didn't use or give you Ncb so I was in the risk of losing them if I didn't buy another vehicle.

Also be careful with flux they pre added windscreen cover (i dont have one) and key cover (no doors so no chance of locking keys in) removing these took it down around 50 quid

-matt

posted on 10/8/12 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
ah, just checked and breakdown,keycard and accident care are all added optional extras, so i assume these can be removed for a reduction in premium.

and i might put the milage down to 2000, i assume i can always up this at a later point if i go over.

Oh and had a laugh from sure term. Sorry Mr Webb, but we don't insure cars with boat engines!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.