Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Happy with my insurance price I got today!!
bi22le

posted on 17/8/12 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
Happy with my insurance price I got today!!

So, last year my insurance was £480 which I hunted hard for. I added a driver to keep it down and everything. That was with A Flux.

Renewal for the same came through at £330 which I thought "hello, thats great but I wonder if!". So I phoned Frank pickles who are amazing and I have been with in the past and they gave me a quote of £164!!! Now, that does not include eurpoean recovery (£85 from FP but only £35 from AF) or personal injury cover.

The reason they were so cheap was becasue they only look back 3 years for accidents and convictions. Just over 3 years ago I wrote of £8.5K worth of MAC1 and have had accidents 1 year before that.

So, I thought I would phone Adrian Flux to see if I can save £50 on breakdown cover and honour their price beat garentee, now they go back 5 years which flags up all sorts of bad history. She went a way and came back with £160!!!

Including my break down and personal injury £211. £119 saving. I told the wife and now I have to take her for a meal to "celibrate my good value for money skills!"

Oh and sorry 2gether and others, I know your good as I have had quotes from you in the past but the above took me 15mins while I was waiting for some work. I was happy with that amount!.

Biz

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

chrisxr2

posted on 17/8/12 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
I have tried that with flux before and they said they could get nowhere near, tried the old what about your guarantee, to be told, what you gonna do?? Unlucky pretty much. Would have gone with Frank.

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Ninehigh

posted on 21/8/12 at 02:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisxr2
I have tried that with flux before and they said they could get nowhere near, tried the old what about your guarantee, to be told, what you gonna do??

Heh, not give you my money!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.