Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Adrian flux insurance strange one??
Ian Jones

posted on 6/2/14 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
Adrian flux insurance strange one??

How come with AF each time you speak to them, the price that they quote you changed even of it is a couple of hours later?

was quoted £110 for the aries today, phoned them back after checking a couple of other places, and now someone different said £130!!, I know its £20, but why does it change so ?

pekwah1

posted on 6/2/14 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
i thought it was standard practise that the insurers would "save" a quote for you, at least for a day so if you wanted to take out the policy it's there waiting!
Does sound strange, i got insured with them, got a quote and took out the policy 3 days later which they found on the system at the same price...

benchmark51

posted on 6/2/14 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
I insured with Adrian Flux insurance this time around. Never again, ripped me right off
matty h

posted on 6/2/14 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
Had same thing rang around for prices and adrian flux gave me the best price, rang back few days later and came back with a price £35 less.
So I have taken policy out with adrian flux but had problems with them not sending me a the required forms for my agreed value even after asking for them more than once, just recieved them today but not before they e mailed me a reminder that I had not sent the required documents back.
Does not fill you with confidence does it.

Matty

MP3C

posted on 6/2/14 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matty h
Had same thing rang around for prices and adrian flux gave me the best price, rang back few days later and came back with a price £35 less.
So I have taken policy out with adrian flux but had problems with them not sending me a the required forms for my agreed value even after asking for them more than once, just recieved them today but not before they e mailed me a reminder that I had not sent the required documents back.
Does not fill you with confidence does it.

Matty

I had trouble last year with the forms, there was an option however where you could scan everything in (after printing the forms out) and submit them or send them to the support email. That's what I did in the end.

Matt

[Edited on 6/2/14 by MP3C]

Jimmy-boy

posted on 6/2/14 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Good customer service i found and weren't to bad with mods but agree pricing can change and my renewal was £500 more!
peter030371

posted on 7/2/14 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
A long time ago I had a claim through AF.....will never use them again. I won't go into the details here but unless they are MUCH cheaper than everyone else (which I doubt) I would avoid them like the plague
The Venom Project

posted on 22/2/14 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
Just on with Adrian Flux now, telling them to cancel the renewal, oh hang on they are trying to get me a better price.... I hate insurance companies, told them that my friend has the same vehicle insured with them, thee only difference is he is 6 years older. I cannot believe at this stage of my life why my age at 42 makes any difference, trike is garaged, I have a clean licence, no crash history, I have 24 years N/C on my main car.

Renewal price sent through is £313 FFS, Are you taking the piss? I paid £295 last year, why has it increased?, the value of my trike hasn't........

Spoke with one of the sharks at Adrian Flux, I tell him just cancel the policy, I can get the same thing somewhere else for £200

He then comes back to me with well after speaking to his manager (I watch TV, I believe nothing anymore about a manager making a decision) That he can now offer the same thing, 3000 miles, £250 excess, Fully Comp for £223, or can knock legal cover off etc and take it down to £195

These prices are more like it, but I really don't know if I want to renew with them anyway, I know every insurance scamming company does this, what a stupid policy, why not offer the very best price from the start? Whoever put that policy in place, needs beating on a daily basis.

So as it stands, I am still leaning towards a Parts Only cover policy with Need 2 Insure, for the same price of £223, It has a 1500 mile limit (Fine for me, I never do anymore than that)

What I liked about Need 2 Insure was he was pretty honest from the outset. This is always a pain in the arse be it Car, Bike or Tr1ke insurance, I think the rules need to change with how they operate, I also feel that the cover at N2I will cover exactly what the vehicle is, I am very wary about what exactly Adrian Flux are covering, and regardless of that bullied cheaper quote, I think I have already made my mind up. I think it is very true, You do get what you pay for. I want to know that my vehicle is covered properly come an event I actually might need to claim, and I also like the extra cover available should I decide to do a Track Day or two.

So as far as TR1KE insurers go, the only ones worthy of my money in 2014 will be Need 2 Insure.......

www.needtoinsure.co.uk/

It's not that i'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.....

Ian Jones

posted on 22/2/14 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
See my other post in the insurance section, give Crosby insurance a try. Most helpful for me and very good prices
The Venom Project

posted on 22/2/14 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah tried em, they can't really compete.

It's not that i'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.....

lewis

posted on 22/2/14 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
Prices seem high,I'm with 2 gether & have been for a few years,one claim & all went smoothly,£93 for the year agreed value included & forum member discount.

I am a driving god!..........sort of

theduck

posted on 22/2/14 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
I used a broker for years (brentacre) but when try started beating my best quotes elsewhere by a penny I knew they were taking the wee and moved away from them.
Hellfire

posted on 22/2/14 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Been with Adrian Flux on the kit car for the last ten years. A previous claim was handled very well too. Every year the renewal premium increases, so I ring round other insurers for the cheapest quote and go back to AF to see if they can match or preferably beat it. They have, without fail, always managed to beat it. I think AF are great!

Most insurers increase annual renewal premiums and they make money on other peoples complacency. But not mine....

Phil

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.