Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Insurance shock
woodsy

posted on 28/9/14 at 04:03 AM Reply With Quote
Insurance shock

I've just bought my first BEC..........an MK Indy with a Busa engine.
When i first started looking it was with cars with the older 918 Blade motors,so got some quotes from various companies and was pleased with the low figures i was getting.
What a surprise when i changed that to a Busa motor.Tried all the companies suggested on here and the only one that would insure me was Adrain Flux.
I'm 46 yrs old,7 years NCB in a car and 12 years NCB on a motorbike.As soon as i said it had a 1300cc bike engine they all panicked and basically said that this was too powerful for my first kit car...even after i pointed out that my previous cars included Nissan Skylines and Mitsubushi GTO's and i'd had 2 turbo charged bikes on the road(one made 550bhp!!),it made no difference.
Thank god for Adrian Flux who came to my rescue

CosKev3

posted on 28/9/14 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
Nightmare.

Surprising considering your age and history of powerfull vehicles!

How much has it cost you in the end?

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 28/9/14 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
I'm older than you, with more NCB on bikes and cars, and have owned a MegaBusa in the past.

I had refusals from many, outrageous quotes from others, etc., for my 'new' toy, a R1 middy.

Clearly BEC's aren't too hot in the risk assessment area for the Companies.

twybrow

posted on 28/9/14 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
I am 33 and my ZX12 powered car costa me £145 per year on a 3k mileage basis. That is via 2Gether Insurance... I have never had any issues getting reasonable prices...
woodsy

posted on 28/9/14 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
I ended up paying £ 350 in the end.
CosKev3

posted on 28/9/14 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by woodsy
I ended up paying £ 350 in the end.

sounds a lot going by what my m8 has paid for his Bec's, he's had a zx9 and two R1 powered Indys and none of them have been over £200.

woodsy

posted on 28/9/14 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
Probably down to the fact that i live in Walsall.............the cess pit of the West Mids haha
owelly

posted on 28/9/14 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
3ltr kit car. No NCB that I can use. No claims or endorsements. 42 years old YO22 postcode. Fully comp £113 with 2gether.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CosKev3

posted on 28/9/14 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Probably down to the fact that i live in Walsall.............the cess pit of the West Mids haha

ha ha, the whole west mids is a cess pit imo!!!!!!

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

posted on 4/10/14 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I've just bought my first BEC..........an MK Indy with a Busa engine.
When i first started looking it was with cars with the older 918 Blade motors,so got some quotes from various companies and was pleased with the low figures i was getting.
What a surprise when i changed that to a Busa motor.Tried all the companies suggested on here and the only one that would insure me was Adrain Flux.
I'm 46 yrs old,7 years NCB in a car and 12 years NCB on a motorbike.As soon as i said it had a 1300cc bike engine they all panicked and basically said that this was too powerful for my first kit car...even after i pointed out that my previous cars included Nissan Skylines and Mitsubushi GTO's and i'd had 2 turbo charged bikes on the road(one made 550bhp!!),it made no difference.
Thank god for Adrian Flux who came to my rescue

Hi,
Glad we could help out.
Regards,
Dan.

coozer

posted on 5/10/14 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

There's me driving through Walsall thinking 'few, its nice here, glad I didn't have to stop on the A41 Holyhead Road back there'

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.