Just had an email from Adrian Flux, £19 seems like a good price. Link
coozer

posted on 16/12/14 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
Only required for dingbats.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Alfa145

posted on 16/12/14 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
That says it only covers draining and putting £10 back in. Nothing is mentioned about it covering the fixing of any damage that might have been caused by the petrol (ie pumps/injectors)
40inches

posted on 16/12/14 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alfa145
That says it only covers draining and putting £10 back in. Nothing is mentioned about it covering the fixing of any damage that might have been caused by the petrol (ie pumps/injectors)

How much would it cost to have the fuel drained and disposed of?

wylliezx9r

posted on 16/12/14 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds really reasonable to me, I think I was quoted £250 by the AA and I'm already a member.

And to the comment about "dingbats" I actually did it just after my wife told me she was pregnant, so I would never say never.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

Slimy38

posted on 16/12/14 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wylliezx9r
Sounds really reasonable to me, I think I was quoted £250 by the AA and I'm already a member.

I'm sure the RAC actually have it as free for their members, I think it's on their current TV adverts?

whitestu

posted on 16/12/14 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
I really impressed with the filler mechanism on my Mondeo that prevents petrol being out in. Shame all cars don't have it.
MikeRJ

posted on 16/12/14 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by whitestu
I really impressed with the filler mechanism on my Mondeo that prevents petrol being out in. Shame all cars don't have it.

You can buy an aftermarket device to prevent misfuelling a diesel.

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 16/12/14 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
Between £200 to £250 in Oxfordshire seems to be the going rate and you have to sign a disclaimer just in case the car breaks at a later date...
ianhurley20

posted on 16/12/14 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
When I did it I walked to a nearby B & Q, bought a garden hose and a few 5l petrol cans and drained the mixed fuel into them, cheaper than getting the AA or similar to sort it. The fuel that was drained a friend used in his old Sherpa van which didn't cause it a problem. :-)
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 16/12/14 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds a good idea if you have a stressed existence, I can imagine that a few of us would get the fuel wrong in a moment of severe stress. Thing is, and it's a personal assessment not for others to debate, how often would you be that stressed. Perhaps you shouldn't be driving...

There WAS a voice message (showing my age? probably!) on some pumps in my younger years. Went something like (..you've selected diesel fuel, are you sure your vehicle takes diesel fuel?), damn good idea, made you stop and think. At the time I was running my Landrover with the original 2286 diesel which would run on just about anything... paraffin... cooking oil... central heating oil... and various petroleum mixtures. Sadly it now has a modern powerplant that is far more fussy.

JoelP

posted on 16/12/14 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
I was once cursing my audi because the pump wouldn't go in, then I noticed that the pump was much bigger than the hole in the filler neck! Oops.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

macc man

posted on 17/12/14 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
I recently put petrol in my Diesel van. As luck would have it my customer had a part time business removing the wrong fuel from vehicles. He sucked it out for half price. £60. An easy mistake when you use 2 vehicles with different fuel.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.