Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Backford Bloor

posted on 28/4/15 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
Backford Bloor

Anyone have any experience of them, good or bad ?

Cheers
Paul G

johnemms

posted on 28/4/15 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
On my 3rd year with them..
very cheap..
small broker..
never had to claim but expect them to be reasonable

Own chassis & Build - First time pass!!
"7's" aren't really "cars", they are 'experiences"

snakebelly

posted on 29/4/15 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
Called them this morning as I'm looking to insure my Ribble Navigator and was told they wont quote me as the vehicle would normally be in my locked man cave unit but may occasionally the spend the night under my car porch at home. Apparently above a certain value the car has to be securely garaged 1005 of the time or they just decline to quote :-(
David Jenkins

posted on 29/4/15 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
My policy from Adrian Flux has a similar condition - while at home the car must be garaged overnight. I asked about times where I'm visiting someone and have to leave it out overnight, but apparently that's not a problem. It doesn't bother me as (1) the car is always in the garage when I'm not driving or cleaning it, and (2) I wouldn't want to take it somewhere and leave it unattended while I'm in the land of nod.

craig1410

posted on 29/4/15 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
I've used them since 2009 when I passed SVA - not got a bad word to say about them. Always very pleasant to deal with and efficient at renewal time. Not had to make any claims thankfully.

I have a reduced mileage policy with them which allows 3000 miles a year. Costs about £120 a year I think but I guess that will vary by postcode and driving record.

The Black Flash

posted on 29/4/15 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
Used them for the last year, they've been really helpful, getting me a cover note at 1hrs notice etc.

posted on 30/4/15 at 07:00 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the response chaps.

I phoned / emailed several companies and in the end it was down to whoever came back with a reasonable reply & quote.

Flux made me smile. Emailed reply was £179, but said "Phone us. 9 out of 10 are quoted up to 20% less on the phone."
Great I thought. It went up to £209, apparently because I'm a welder/fabricator. BUT, BUT, BUT, surely that means that
should I have a minor mishap I will fix it without making a claim? Nooooooo, apparently not. Welders are evil people.
She had never heard of Locostbuilders or this DAN bloke.

Anyway, to cut it short, Jamie at A Plan came back (quickly) with; Legal cover, 3k miles, £10k agreed value = £156.47

Thanks for all the help. Now off to the post office to post the registration off.

Cheers
Paul G

craig1410

posted on 30/4/15 at 07:16 AM Reply With Quote
They've probably heard how crap your welding is mate! They'll be worried the car will fall to bits...

Glad you got sorted out. Happy days lie ahead!

posted on 30/4/15 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by craig1410
They've probably heard how crap your welding is mate! They'll be worried the car will fall to bits...

Glad you got sorted out. Happy days lie ahead!

Paul G

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.