Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Classic Car Insurance Recomendations
Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 19/8/15 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
Classic Car Insurance Recomendations

Does anyone have any recomendations for decent classic car insurance?

I have tried Lancaster but their quote was 2x as much as just insuring it as a normal daily comuter car.

I also tried Adrian Flux but despite their claims they seemed to have no understanding at all of what I wanted and were about as useful as a Porcupine in a balloon factory. According to them if its not 30 years old and worth twenty billionty pounds its not a classic car.

Its a 20 year old Alfa Romeo that I just want to keep insured so I can use it now and again and keep it running as the value appreciates rather than leaving it rotting in a barn. At the moment though these 'classic' and 'limited mileage' policy's are coming out more expensive than just insuring it through confused.com as a daily comuter car.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
benchmark51

posted on 19/8/15 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
I use AIB, most helpful and popular within BKCC.

http://www.aib-insurance.co.uk/products/car-insurance

theconrodkid

posted on 19/8/15 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.gottandwynne.co.uk/classic-car-insurance

use these for my hairdresermobile

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

ianm67

posted on 19/8/15 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
I used Autonet Insurance for my MK1 MX5. They were the cheapest for me by a country mile.......

Always biting off more than I can chew.....

anthony1

posted on 19/8/15 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
Insurance......

Just insured Mk Indy and sons classic Mini Cooper S replica with 'A Plan' absolutely great to deal with.
MP3C

posted on 19/8/15 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anthony1
Just insured Mk Indy and sons classic Mini Cooper S replica with 'A Plan' absolutely great to deal with.

Another reccomendation for A Plan from me, really good personal level and you can always talk to the same people that deal with your insurance. Really really good people to deal with and come out with some good quotes.

Matt

scudderfish

posted on 19/8/15 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
My Fury is on a classic plan with A Plan. £120 something for agreed value, limited mileage with recovery and commuting(!)
trextr7monkey

posted on 19/8/15 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
Heritage came up with sensible quotes for the TR7 but we stuck with Graham Sykes who we have used for kit cars over the years as we have found them very efficient to deal with

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14016102@N00/ (cut and paste this dodgey link)

Our most recent pics are here:
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/trextr7monkey/

beaver34

posted on 19/8/15 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
RH insurance for all my classics
mark chandler

posted on 19/8/15 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
I use Locktons, they are not cheap but will allow me to select the repair agent, keep the salvage if I want and have a very high ratio of repair to scrap.
tegwin

posted on 19/8/15 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
Ive used MSM insurance for both my older TVRs...

Its the same two ladies in the office I speak to on every occasion, they have taken the trouble to help out and have always provided really good prices.

I can't recommend them enough!! http://www.msminsurance.co.uk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

cliftyhanger

posted on 19/8/15 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
Peter James for me. No experience of claiming (except glass, that was so easy though)
Guys on teh phone seem to know what is going on, not script lead like some.

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 19/8/15 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
Excellent response, will start making calls later. Cheers

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

posted on 23/8/15 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Derek Doctors
Does anyone have any recomendations for decent classic car insurance?

I have tried Lancaster but their quote was 2x as much as just insuring it as a normal daily comuter car.

I also tried Adrian Flux but despite their claims they seemed to have no understanding at all of what I wanted and were about as useful as a Porcupine in a balloon factory. According to them if its not 30 years old and worth twenty billionty pounds its not a classic car.

Its a 20 year old Alfa Romeo that I just want to keep insured so I can use it now and again and keep it running as the value appreciates rather than leaving it rotting in a barn. At the moment though these 'classic' and 'limited mileage' policy's are coming out more expensive than just insuring it through confused.com as a daily comuter car.

Hi,
I'm surprised we the reaction you received from our staff. I would very much appreciate it if you could PM me your details so I can look into this issue please?
Regards,
Dan.

Nickp

posted on 23/8/15 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beaver34
RH insurance for all my classics

+1
£120 FC for my heavily modified Lancia Montecarlo, including full Euro breakdown cover

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.