Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Nominated repairer
luke2152

posted on 2/7/18 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
Nominated repairer

So last week i was involved in an accident in my gbs zero. I was lucky enough to get out relatively unharmed. The car didnt fare so well. Now insurance company wants me to nominate a repairer to assess the vehicle. I can't think of anyone qualified to do this other than GBS themselves and they aren't a million miles away. In reality unfortunately i would be very surprised if it were not written off. Any recommendations?
HowardB

posted on 2/7/18 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
faced with the same issue, see my pic archives I used a company called Banwell to asses the damage and convinced them not to write it off. I had quotes from a couple of chassis builders to rebuild it, it went to Steve at Fury as he had the jig.
The repair costs were in quite high and a normal car would have been written off, I was able to show the cost of replacement was very high,..

pleased you are ok, shame about the motor

hth

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

luke2152

posted on 2/7/18 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the advice Howard. Is Banwells in Burnley (as per google) or is that just their head office? located Does anyone else have any recommendations as its kind of a big decision. I'll give GBS a ring tomorrow too and see if they do that kind of thing.
luke2152

posted on 3/7/18 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote
I went to look at the car today and it's looking pretty sorry for itself. As far as I can tell chassis looks straight including all the wishbone mounts. Likewise for the engine and gearbox. Everything else is pretty much f*cked

The post accident photo shows how lucky I was going through 3 fence posts. If I'd gone through the 4th it would have hit me directly in the driver seat.

Deckman001

posted on 4/7/18 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
Ouch !! Am glad your ok after that, It's a sobering thought id not even considered, I've been bought a weekend hire of a Caterham and was looking forward to the driving in country lanes around the south, but hadn't even thought of 'What if '

Jason

theduck

posted on 4/7/18 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
I think the only reasonable repair option is manufacturer tbh
luke2152

posted on 4/7/18 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
It's being transported to GBS tomorrow. We'll see what they have to say. I'm not entirely sure myself what outcome I want from it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.