Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Insurance longer than a month with no reg
Andy W

posted on 22/2/09 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
Insurance longer than a month with no reg

Hi

When I sva'd my Indy I nearly had the insurance cancelled by Adrian Flux due to not being able to provide a reg no within a month. I managaed to get a couple of weeks extension and all was well (VIB who inspected the car were dragging their heels)
In case I have problems with the MNR has anyone had insurance that don't require a reg no, so quick

Andy

omega0684

posted on 22/2/09 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
have you rang up the guys sorting out your plates and asked them what the frick is going on, i would get the name of whoever is sorting out your reg and then ring up adrian flux and get them to ring the reg people so they can be told what is going on, have you given adrian flux your chassis number, most insurers are ok with your chassis number for a couple of months
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nitram38

posted on 22/2/09 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
I've been all through this with Adrian Flux so I recommend never to use them for a pre-sva cars.
My recommendation is Footman James who do not impose a time limit and if you tell them how much you have been quoted, will try to better the price.

[Edited on 22/2/2009 by nitram38]

Andy W

posted on 22/2/09 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks

I'll give footman James a try. When I was with Adrian Flux it was them and not the insurance company that tried to enforce this, I got in touch with insurance company direct and had to get them to tell Flux it was ok, even then they didn't want to do it. I don't want to risk it again, you only need a fail and you could end up losing your insurance with no refund.

Andy

adithorp

posted on 22/2/09 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
I took mine out with Sureterm. They asked for the reg within 3 weeks. When I failed and called them to extend it, they said "No problem, your actually ok for 4 weeks but we'll extend it to 6. Is that ok?"

I went with them because they sounded most like they knew what they were talking about when I got the quotes. They also matched the best quote.

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

wicket

posted on 22/2/09 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
My cover note issued by FJ was valid for 30 days. Within a few days the full schedule and certificate were issued on the chassis number for a full year, with the proviso to notify them as soon the car was registered and the number known.
mad4x4

posted on 23/2/09 at 07:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nitram38
I've been all through this with Adrian Flux so I recommend never to use them for a pre-sva cars.
My recommendation is Footman James who do not impose a time limit and if you tell them how much you have been quoted, will try to better the price.

[Edited on 22/2/2009 by nitram38]

I went through the same and ended up lossing a S***T load of money with then and then had to Renew or once I got my plates or forfit the whole lot. They are scheming B*****ds.

Mine was due to an SVA fail in Aberdeen and a 6 week wait to get another SVA. Adrian flux said they could only insure for a month without plates.

When I took ou the insurance I asked the question "What if" and they wouldn;t answer me straight.

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

dogwood

posted on 23/2/09 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
I took mine out with Sureterm. They asked for the reg within 3 weeks.
adrian

Typical....Sounds a bit like the DVLA.
I took my insurance out with Sureterm pre SVA. They said
" Take as long as you like, there is no time limit on supplying reg number"

David

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

mad-butcher

posted on 23/2/09 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
My cover note is only valid on chassis number for 30 days with sureterm valid for 1/3/09 so I can tax it then I must supply reg within the 30 days,, that's why direct debit is ideal ,they F**k you around you cancel direct debit

tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
2GETHER INS

posted on 6/4/09 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
registration Number/Chassis Etc

2Gether Insurance are happy to offer extended cover without a registration we understand that Chassis Numbers are required to get registered and we understand that SVA needs doing to.

Not a PRoblem: Tel: 01945 465508

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
nitram38

posted on 6/4/09 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
I can confirm this!

Another happy customer!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.