Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Insurance comparison sites
r1_pete

posted on 11/3/11 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
Insurance comparison sites

Just been getting a few insurance quotes on confused, and had 8 phonecalls in an hour from companies who quoted.

If you're just reasearching put an invalid phone number in..

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
eznfrank

posted on 11/3/11 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
If you've had any claims over the last few years and enetered them on the quotes, don't be surprised if you get a load of calls saying "we understand you had an accident, were you injured? We can help, blah blah blah"
MikeRJ

posted on 11/3/11 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
I've given the same advise to numerous other people after getting bitten by this. These parasites are quite happy to sell your details to random third parties. Never supply your real phone number, either leave it out if possible or if not make up a non-existent number (e.g. use an area code of 01999) to stop some random person getting hassled. Ideally use a throwaway email address as well.
MikeRJ

posted on 11/3/11 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eznfrank
If you've had any claims over the last few years and enetered them on the quotes, don't be surprised if you get a load of calls saying "we understand you had an accident, were you injured? We can help, blah blah blah"

Had this as well, several times from the same company. I strung them along for ages with the terrible life changing injuries I had suffered without a penny of compensation - I could virtually hear the cash register noises down the phone

austin man

posted on 11/3/11 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
Try quidco, you even get cashback, I havent had any calls from any one and sourced insurance for £200 less than quoated by my original insurer oh and will be getting £36 back bargain

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

T66

posted on 2/4/11 at 12:35 AM Reply With Quote
My stepson has been warned if he ever ever gives out the landline number again i will remove his testicles.

Or the other one is Benfield Renault customer harrasment department. Buy a car from them and they ring you twice a day for 6 months after.

Always give the wrong number , and never give them your email address - I have a spam one I use for quotes etc.

hate them....

Ninehigh

posted on 2/4/11 at 01:34 AM Reply With Quote
Ah but you can have an amount of fun with them, like when swmbo told one life insurance harasser that they should have called a week before as I'd died yesterday. Or my usual "Sorry, but this person does not accept calls from a witheld number, please try again and not be a f**king chicken BEE BEE BEEP!"

But the best one has to be "Hold on I'll go get him"
Faking one side of a rude/agressive argument is optional.

I did use the number of some git who was selling an Audi for a while, as he'd parked that close to me I had to climb in from the passenger side (not easy in a Nissan Sunny)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.