Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Insuring with Adrian flux on chassis number
locostbuyer83

posted on 13/5/11 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
Insuring with Adrian flux on chassis number

Hi guys,

I got insurance on Monday from Adrian flux for my Kitcar which had an IVA on tues. As you may know it didn't complete the test so I won't be seeing a number plate for at least a month.
Does anyone know how long they give you before you have to supply a number plate for the insurance as it's insured on the chassis number at present?

Would I be better to cancel the insurance and buy it again when the test is approaching?

They give you a 14 day cancellation period.

Thanks
Stu

Promai Joe

posted on 13/5/11 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

I have been in a very similar situation, I had my first test on the 1.4.11 and failed. I called Adrian Flux and they extended their 30 day period to cover me till today, my retest. Fortunately I passed, and at Mitchem. Now I have to satisfy the DVLA! so will need to call them again until it completes the registration process.

In another thread someone suggest Adrian Flux are rubbish, so cancelling may not be a bad option.

David_17

posted on 13/5/11 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure about flux, but footman james only give you 14 days on a chassis number. Best off giving them a call.
big_wasa

posted on 13/5/11 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
Get it cancelled, I rang them to check. They only give 30 day's on the chassis number then they need a reg number or they cancel the policy. They did say they "may" be able to stretch it to 40 days but would have to ask.
locostbuyer83

posted on 13/5/11 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
Get it cancelled, I rang them to check. They only give 30 day's on the chassis number then they need a reg number or they cancel the policy. They did say they "may" be able to stretch it to 40 days but would have to ask.

Yeah think I'll call them in the morning. Don't want to risk loosing all that money.

locostbuyer83

posted on 14/5/11 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
Cancelled the policy but that means I have to pay £70 (£40 to the insurance company and £30 to AF) They did say if I bought the insurance again they would wave the £30 but I'm probably just going to go elsewhere tbh.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.