Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: help: Buying insurance for IVA next month
locostbuyer83

posted on 20/5/11 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
help: Buying insurance for IVA next month

Ok, so got stung by Adrian Flux earlier in the month so not getting ripped off again....

I need to order insurance for the kitcar for my test day (6th june)

Now if I don't pass and can't get a reg number from the DVLA then I will probably need to cancel the insurance so they don't cancel if for me after 14days.

Does anyone know what Footman james and 2gether insurance are like at cancelling policies within the first 14 days?

the guy on the phone at adrian flux said it would be the easiest thing to cancel if I needed to. He didn't bother to mention it would cost me £70 and be a complete ball ache of being cutt of twice while trying to cancel!

Footman james told me yesterday that there would be a £14 charge but when I asked for that in writing I had nothing back.

Any ideas?

Footman james quoted me £331, 100excess
Sureterm quoted £451
2gether insurance quoted £351

I dont' mind paying more for a decent service

jabbahutt

posted on 20/5/11 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
I take it those prices are for a year? when I went for SVA I took out a day policy with Adrian Flux and it cost me about £35. It would save a load of hassles with cancellation fees etc.

Isn't that service offered anymore?

adithorp

posted on 20/5/11 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
I insured mine on the chassis no. That meant I had to give them a reg' within 1month. I failed SVA and hadn't got reg a month later, I phoned them and they extended it by 2 weeks and said to let then know if that wasn't enough as they'd add another 2 weeks. That was with Sureterm. Always had good service from them. I do compare prices every year and they're always competitive. Not had good experience yet calling Flux or Footmans. Frank Pickles always seem good but not enough price difference to switch yet.

[Edited on 20/5/11 by adithorp]

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

locostbuyer83

posted on 20/5/11 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
didnt think about the 1 day insurance... will find out about that

might give sureterm a call and see if they can be more competative...

big_wasa

posted on 20/5/11 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
Let us know, I rang flux and came to the conclusion it would be cheaper to rent a trailer than loose on the insurance.
locostbuyer83

posted on 20/5/11 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
I don't need insurance for the IVA as I have a trailer. I just wanted to drop in the Brighton DVLA on way back if it passes and need insurance certificate.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.