Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2Gether Insurance a Nightmare
steve m

posted on 14/5/12 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
I still think having a board , on the front screen of providers of goods or services. and possibly a points scheme attached, would be a good idea

As for the company in this thread, if, we are to beleive all the horror tales we hear, and we have heard over the last few years

No 1) should record all calls, so both partys have a come back (my company do this, (Virgin Atlantic)

No 2) Should recorgnise the kit car comunity, as a VERY large source of income,

No 3) Pehaps have someone answering the calls to Kit cars/non standard cars that have some incling of what it it there trying to insure
as even my last insurer of my mondeo, did not have a Fcuking clue what a "Cat c " was ???????????????????

MakeEverything

posted on 14/5/12 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt
It's not the broker that cancels, it's the Insurance company.

They have to follow the underwriters rules, they are a middle man.

And to be honest, reading how you responded you sound a) like you have an axe to grind and b) wouldn't be the easiest chap to deal with.

Saying they are like Hilter is quite possibly the stupidest thing Ive read in a very long time.

I have no axe to grind at all, but poor customer service does seem to be common practice, as does not reading properly before responding. We've never met, so please keep your comments non-personal, or to yourself. I havent assaulted anyone in my post, rather have aired a view on the way a company is conducting their business. And commenting on their discriminatory behaviour.

You have no idea how easy or not i am to deal with, and im surprised (i think) that you think you know how easy someone is "to deal with" based on a paragraph of casual text, but i have had it to the back teeth of people defending companies that quite clearly dont deliver a satisfactoy customer service, rather than just publicising their experiences and allowing others to do the same.

Its the Broker that sends out the letters, to try to ensure the Insurers 30 day time bar is met, not the other way around, or is that what a broker told you?

I wasnt saying that they were like Hitler at all. Why dont you look up the word euphemism and you'll understand. Whilst youre there, have a look at Humour and sarcasm too.

ETA in Italics

[Edited on 14-5-12 by MakeEverything]

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

Davegtst

posted on 14/5/12 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
He was Austrian btw

(pedant mode off)

[Edited on 14/5/12 by Davegtst]

MakeEverything

posted on 14/5/12 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst
He was Austrian btw

(pedant mode off)

[Edited on 14/5/12 by Davegtst]

PMSL You just had to..... Keyboard warrior......

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

coyoteboy

posted on 15/5/12 at 12:38 AM Reply With Quote
My insurance company also send out letters after 7 days, 14 days and 28 days to remind you before the date. In big red letters. I don't know why it's a problem really, assuming they always give correct info regarding dates, it's good to have a reminder. As for being busy - you signed a contract and the normal response is to send it immediately, not really their fault you have time management issues?

FWIW I got a bit miffed with mine because they were my previous insurer and were still getting antsy about NCB proof

UncleFista

posted on 15/5/12 at 12:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Saying they are like Hilter is quite possibly the stupidest thing Ive read in a very long time.

Not stupid, inevitable

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

MakeEverything

posted on 15/5/12 at 07:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by UncleFista
quote:

Not stupid, inevitable

Lol, good find!

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

Dangle_kt

posted on 15/5/12 at 07:26 AM Reply With Quote
You just prove my point with a response like that.

Congratulations.

quote:
Originally posted by MakeEverything
quote:
It's not the broker that cancels, it's the Insurance company.

They have to follow the underwriters rules, they are a middle man.

And to be honest, reading how you responded you sound a) like you have an axe to grind and b) wouldn't be the easiest chap to deal with.

I have no axe to grind at all, but poor customer service does seem to be common practice, as does not reading properly before responding. We've never met, so please keep your comments non-personal, or to yourself. I havent assaulted anyone in my post, rather have aired a view on the way a company is conducting their business. And commenting on their discriminatory behaviour.

You have no idea how easy or not i am to deal with, and im surprised (i think) that you think you know how easy someone is "to deal with" based on a paragraph of casual text, but i have had it to the back teeth of people defending companies that quite clearly dont deliver a satisfactoy customer service, rather than just publicising their experiences and allowing others to do the same.

Its the Broker that sends out the letters, to try to ensure the Insurers 30 day time bar is met, not the other way around, or is that what a broker told you?

I wasnt saying that they were like Hitler at all. Why dont you look up the word euphemism and you'll understand. Whilst youre there, have a look at Humour and sarcasm too.

ETA in Italics

[Edited on 14-5-12 by MakeEverything]

jossey

posted on 15/5/12 at 07:35 AM Reply With Quote
Don't get me started. 12 days of insurance while I'm on holiday and I come back to letters letters letters and cancelled insurance even though when I took the policy out they said 28 days.

I had to drive home without insurance and I didn't even know till I got home :-( wtf

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
john_p_b

posted on 15/5/12 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jossey
Don't get me started. 12 days of insurance while I'm on holiday and I come back to letters letters letters and cancelled insurance even though when I took the policy out they said 28 days.

I had to drive home without insurance and I didn't even know till I got home :-( wtf

they can't legally cancel the insurance within the 30 days, that's what got me the most, they tell you 30 days then after 14 tell you they are cancelling the policy, scare tactics are not something that should be used in day to day life and it's this reason alone i will not be renewing with them next year. i've insured many cars with many insurers over the last 13 years and never had the misfortune to deal with anyone like this until now!

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

2GETHER INS

posted on 15/5/12 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
If we receive correspondence from the customer (within the set time frame) we will treat each case individually, if however we have no correspondence we have no alternative but to follow the same procedure as outlined in the underwriters terms and conditions.
As previously mentioned we send these reminders to avoid cancellation and the risk of driving uninsured, at no point do we ever want to lose customers.

Please do not mistake our company with others who receive large bonuses and do not care about their customers, as we are very passionate about what we do and always strive to do more to meet the needs of our customers. This is the reason we are involved with owners forums such as Locost Builders to be on hand to answer any queries.

If anyone has any issues now or in the future please feel free to contact me directly either via the forum or Katrina@2getherinsurance.com, I aim to respond within 24 hours if not sooner.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
sdh2903

posted on 15/5/12 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
I understand people not being happy at being pushed for documents and threatened with cancellation, however If you can be bothered to build/run a car, then get your documents in order when you take out the policy. I really don't see what people are moaning about?

When your ready to insure have your docs in place ready to go, I've done this just this week with the 2 tintops. Insurance arranged Monday morning, docs posted on way home from work on Monday evening, emails received from 2 separate insurers this morning confirming all documents received. Job done.

Or am I missing the point?

Bluemoon

posted on 15/5/12 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
I understand people not being happy at being pushed for documents and threatened with cancellation, however If you can be bothered to build/run a car, then get your documents in order when you take out the policy. I really don't see what people are moaning about?

When your ready to insure have your docs in place ready to go, I've done this just this week with the 2 tintops. Insurance arranged Monday morning, docs posted on way home from work on Monday evening, emails received from 2 separate insurers this morning confirming all documents received. Job done.

Not really but I think it's the nature of the English being used in the letters that's getting peoples backs up.

Myke 2463

posted on 15/5/12 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903

No you are not missing the point.

You don't go to get road tax @ the Post Office or on line without all details and cash so why insurance.

In the time it takes to type out some of the posts on this problem anybody could have phoned them as they are open 7 days a week and sorted it out, perhaps it would be a good idea if all insurance companies listed all details required with a check list the same as the road tax renewal form,

There is no excuse for poor communications with home / mobile phones and computers available to everybody on here and the company in question only use non premium phone numbers.

I would like to make it quite clear that i have nothing to do with this company ( and yes i do live in the same town ) except that my Locost has been insured with them for the last 3 years and have never visited their offices as payment done by phone without any problems, also the premium for fully comp has not changed for the 3 years, £85.

Rant over on a pointless topic

[Edited on 15/5/12 by Myke 2463]

Be Lucky Mike.

coyoteboy

posted on 15/5/12 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

If we receive correspondence from the customer (within the set time frame) we will treat each case individually, if however we have no correspondence we have no alternative but to follow the same procedure as outlined in the underwriters terms and conditions. As previously mentioned we send these reminders to avoid cancellation and the risk of driving uninsured, at no point do we ever want to lose customers.

So long as you're not actually cancelling (or telling people you're cancelling) the policy before the originally stated term then there can't really be any complaint from the customers. If you've told them 30 days and you subsequently tell them it's getting cancelled at 14 that would amount to something along the lines of breach of contract. From what's being written it seems as though they're being cancelled early and lack of correspondence is no excuse for breach of contract until and if the originally stated term has passed. FWIW I had hell and all trying to get my proof of no claims back from my previous insurers in the past and have been threatened with cancellation, I'd feel absolutely no need to get on the phone and waste 20 minutes of my life telling my new insurers that it might take a few extra days for my proof to come through IF that was still within the stated 30 days. If you want it soon you state a period of 7 days, then bitch and whine and cancel all you like when it doesn't arrive.

SeaBass

posted on 15/5/12 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
FFS guys... Just send the documents back to them as quickly as you can via Recorded Signed for and be done with it... life's too short - can't believe the Hitler comparison came along so quickly though PMSL.

All insurers I've dealt with have been the same with the chase up letters... they just want to sort it quickly.

JC

coyoteboy

posted on 15/5/12 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

FFS guys... Just send the documents back to them as quickly as you can via Recorded Signed for and be done with it...

You may have missed the post where the user pointed out they'd had their policy cancelled without their knowledge because "as quickly as you can" (while being within the original timeframe) apparently wasn't fast enough. Of course the obvious answer is to get them back quickly but that isn't always possible to be fair, and people rely on the original Ts&Cs to allow for that. That's what the grace period is for.

2GETHER INS

posted on 16/5/12 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
Please note Sucksqueezebangblow’s policy was not cancelled as the documents were sent back within the time frames given. A final notice is sent to advise if outstanding items are not received within the time stated the policy will then be cancelled.

I hope this clears things up.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
coyoteboy

posted on 16/5/12 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
That's cool then, can't see an issue.
sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 18/5/12 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
Dear Katrina,

Please read my initial post and subsequent post. The issue is very clear; you send threatening letters threatening to cancel within 7 days, long before the 30 days you quote in your initial letter is anywhere near running out. If you had cancelled as you threatened in your 7 day cancellation letter, you would have cancelled over a week before the 30 days was complete!

I have no issue with friendly reminders, and no issue if the reminder makes it clear that underwriters requirements are such that the policy will have to be cancelled if the 30 day deadline is not met. The issue here is the threatening wording, and the timing of the cancellation letter. If you are going to send one, send it for delivery 7 day before the deadline, not weeks before, and review the wording "sorry but we will be unable to avoid cancellation if we do not have the documents within the 30 days set by the underwriter" and "7 Day Cancellation Notice; help us to avoid cancellation of your policy. We must have your documents within 7 days" will get the message across without alienating your customers.

Customer service does not end when you get our premiums in your pockets!

Yours, Clive.

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.