Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pinto starter motor - help!!!
Four Litre

posted on 1/6/12 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
Pinto starter motor - help!!!

Guys- I'm praying one of you can help- purchased a part built Avon with 2.0 pinto modded. All done now and on the road but the starter motor has finally died. Thought I would treat myself to a high torque Job but it snags the frame so Wong fit!! Flogged that on eBay and bought a new one from ford. This one fits but doesn't engage the flywheel!!!! Wtf!!! My only help was the ford parts guy who noticed my old fried one has VW part numbers on it- has anyone had this kind of problem before - is there a known issue? Does a vw starter fit a ford??

Help me!!!! I can't buy another one!!!

lotusmadandy

posted on 1/6/12 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry i cant help with the part nos but put
your location in your profile,someone might
have one in the garage. Like me....

Andy

laptoprob

posted on 1/6/12 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Four Litre
Guys- I'm praying one of you can help- purchased a part built Avon with 2.0 pinto modded. All done now and on the road but the starter motor has finally died. Thought I would treat myself to a high torque Job but it snags the frame so Wong fit!! Flogged that on eBay and bought a new one from ford. This one fits but doesn't engage the flywheel!!!! Wtf!!! My only help was the ford parts guy who noticed my old fried one has VW part numbers on it- has anyone had this kind of problem before - is there a known issue? Does a vw starter fit a ford??

Help me!!!! I can't buy another one!!!

Give Mark@MAC#1 a quick call, he may help.

nearly done

posted on 1/6/12 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but my starter on my pinto died after failing to dis engage from the fly wheel starter ring( it totally destroyed three of the teeth on the starter). Bought a new starter ,fitted it and all I heard wAs the starter spinning in fresh air s**t b****r. Obviously the ring on the fly wheel had been damaged as well so.... phone call to Burtons for a new starter ring and 2 hours wrestling to get the engine and box out. So now I am waiting for my local enginering firm to fit the new starter ring!
At least the weather has gone tits up.

Cheers, Sean

snapper

posted on 2/6/12 at 05:02 AM Reply With Quote
If you've got the VW part number, buy another.
Other option is to have the old one rebuilt
www.sandcelectrical.com
Harlow Essex

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.