Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MNR Vortx RT+ 5PW R1 - quaife BEC diff - cheap
gmoto

posted on 2/8/12 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
MNR Vortx RT+ 5PW R1 - quaife BEC diff - cheap

Up for sale is my MNR Vortx RT+ R1

I'd love to keep this car, but I have to move out of the unit I'm keeping it in and could really so with the cash.
The car needs a little work; I'm being honest and open about it (as opposed to when I bought it!)
If it doesn't sell quickly, it'll be going on ebay.

About the car:
5pw R1 engine with USB power commander
Carbon Fibre seats
Carbon Fibre wind deflector
Quaife BEC diff with reverse
Seven style nose cone (I prefer this over the sci-fi style MNR ones personally)
Able to accododate larger people (6'6" ok!)
6 Point adjustable harnesses
Sparco removable locking Steering wheel
Unfrotunately I haven't got the details from the advert when I bought it last year, sure there's plenty I've missed.

If you're looking at this, guessing you've got an idea of what it is:
I chose the MNR because they've got a good reputation as a BEC and generally it was well made.
It's been great fun driving around Dales, but I haven't had the time to use it nearly enough to justify it - has only been started up this year to keep everything turning etc.

Apologies for the cramped pictures and the mess all around as currently trying to move a large unit in to a small upstairs one (edit, pics at the bottom as they aren't resized) - if I had the time, it wouldn't be being sold quickly and cheaply!

Work that needs doing
Clutch
The clutch is a bit snatchy so you need to pull away carefully - it's fine when you're driving. It has a Barnett clutch - a good thing.
I haven't had the side off, but I believe from the behaviour and my experience of bike clutches that it's a lock-up clutch. Good for clutch life, but makes it harder to keep slipping it. I have looked in to this a fair bit and it seems it needs some gentler springs in - possibly just half replacing.

Rough running
It's running a bit rough and back fires from #3 cylinder.
I have checked all valve clearances and they are fine. I have checked compression and that is conistent across the cylinders.
It did have a batch of old fuel in at some point (wrong jerry can used) and I think this is likely to have blocked up the injector a bit.

Speedo doesn't work
Should be an easy fix - think we just need to get the sensor a bit closer, but may need a new sensor.
I've just used a GPS with it. The gear indicator doesn't correctly display the gear - related to the speedo issue I presume.

A good clean
I really should have used a cover in the unit it's been stored on. A bit of t-cut would help in a couple of places

Mismatched mirrors
One mirror was damaged as can be seen in pictures, I have now replaced it, but stupidly just went for a 'race tech' mirror not realising there was difference - the one I replaced it with matches the middle mirror as it's squarer, but not the left hand side mirror. Perfectly functional, of course.

If this goes to ebay, it'll be getting a full MOT. Only thing that might be a question for MOT is rear tyres which are a bit low, otherwise confident it will pass. As it's 1 litre, of course the road tax is cheap.

Car is located in Kieghley, West Yorkshire; but I do have access to a Beaver tail, so can deliver easily if required.
I have never done it myself, but the car can legally be towed using an A-frame (it's light enough it doesn't need to be braked)- I have an A-Frame sitting here which I would consider including in a deal. I liked the idea of towing this behind my motorhome for a Scotland/Europe trip so looked in to the possibilities.
Not done any trackdays on it myself, though I did hope to - sure it'll be fun, but just not had the time unfortunately.

Happy to answer any questions. Of course viewings welcome etc.

[Edited on 2/8/12 by gmoto]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Wheels244

posted on 2/8/12 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
Price ??
gmoto

posted on 2/8/12 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
I was hoping for 'offers', should have mentioned*.
Not entirely sure what is reasonable and of course don't want to lose TOO much if possible, but also don't want to put people off by asking for over the odds.

*Some forums I post on don't like an ad without a price, but seems ok here.

cerbera

posted on 2/8/12 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
That is FFTS's old car if I'm not mistaken. Remember him getting it after I got my MNR.
gmoto

posted on 2/8/12 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
It is .

And now that I know his username, it means I can nab some pictures taken a little less hastily in a nicer location .

ecosse748

posted on 4/8/12 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
i've sent you a u2u message
gmoto

posted on 5/8/12 at 12:35 AM Reply With Quote
Apologies for the delay in reply everyone.
Think I've now caught up. Drop me a note if not.

As I explained, I thought a pop up was shown when I logged in to show new messages - I haven't been getting one so didn't realise I had a whole stack of messages!

ecosse748

posted on 7/8/12 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
i've sent you another u2u message. I'll be driving past tomorrow, message me your details if you are free.
gmoto

posted on 8/8/12 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
You have the reply - got in from work after midnight last night - and thus my lack of time (off again now)!
gmoto

posted on 23/8/12 at 12:07 AM Reply With Quote
As I haven't had the chance to sell other stuff and still waiting for various other bits of money to come in - will take £4300 for a very quick sale.
Otherwise I'll be calling in a debt and using some of that to get a new bank of injectors and an MOT - then considering if I REALLY want to sell it or can find a way to keep it .

gmoto

posted on 13/11/12 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
Despite having turned down offers over this price - now will sell for £4k, considering time of year and my current lack of funds.

Ideal easy winter project to get 100% for spring - which was my plan, but yet again I find myself way shorter on money than I need to be.

Again, if I find myself suddenly in money (fingers crossed for that euromillions ticket ), will be keeping and sorting myself.
Would consider a car or motorbike which does decent mpg in px, but value ideally under £1k.

[Edited on 13/11/12 by gmoto]

Mike_82

posted on 13/11/12 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
U2U sent
gmoto

posted on 14/11/12 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
All messages replied to I believe - if I've missed you out, drop me another and I'll get back to you as I've had a good few with my other thread too.
Grim

posted on 16/11/12 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
I've sent you couple of u2u messages, very interested please get in touch?
gmoto

posted on 16/11/12 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry - just checked and sure I replied to you, but not showing up anywhere as 'sent'.

Out in a sec, but will get back to you tonight.

Got a few other messages from this and the other for sale thread to catch up as been a bit busy.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.