Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone seen a UFO??
woodster

posted on 19/8/12 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone seen a UFO??

According to this article there's on average 1 UFO sighting a month, this forum has quite a few pilots and police I wondered if any one had ever seen one ... So to speak

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/ufo/9468022/Britain-visited-by-one-UFO-a-month-but-MoD-rules-they-pose-no-threat.html#disqus_t hread

It's good news though the MOD won't be investigating them anymore as they don't pose any threat

madteg

posted on 19/8/12 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Just had a look its not a UFO its thunderbird 2
daniel mason

posted on 19/8/12 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
i think you actually need to believe in them to even warrant seeing one! like ghosts. i am one of those who wont entertain the possibility of either, but thats just me. never seen one and pretty sure i never will. and until i do i will continue bieng a non believer!

rusty nuts

posted on 19/8/12 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
I haven't seen a UFO but I have seen a fen tiger
deltron63

posted on 19/8/12 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
All the time, i live by two USAF bases.
I saw a triangle thing many years ago coming in to land at silly o clock in the morning, 10 year later it turned out to be a stealth fighter with no landing lights on !
The blackbird, U2, and god knows what other planes were stationed at the base. They could all be called UFO's
If the men in black ask, i didnt see a thing

blakep82

posted on 19/8/12 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
walking home from school one day many many moons ago, i saw a silver ball hovering in the sky, it didn't move at all, but it was spinning round and round at a few hundred rpm i'd say. if i'd had a camera phone back then, i'd have got a video, but it was even before everyone had phones. i'll never know what it was
to me, you can never say something doesn't exist. just because you never see it, doesn't mean its not there.

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

RK

posted on 19/8/12 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, my car, when it briefly drove on the road. Since completely disappeared to a garage and not seen since.
scootz

posted on 19/8/12 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
A couple of police buddies weres on nightshift in the 80's and saw some strange lights in the sky and heard a weird noise. Like most cops, they're sceptical so-and-so's, but felt sufficiently bothered about it to call it in and tajke the undoubted ribbing that was coming their way!

Anyway, they finished their shift at 6am and were given a call at mid-day asking them to come back in as some RAF guys wanted to speak to them asap. They spent over an hour being asked in great depth about what they saw and heard...

I suspect it was either an experimental aircraft, or maybe a Soviet aircraft having a sniff about... but who knows - it may have come from further afield!!!

It's Evolution Baby!

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 19/8/12 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
UFO is a contradiction in terms, just because the person who sees it can't identify it doesn't mean that its unidentified, the pilot at least will know what it is.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
scootz

posted on 19/8/12 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
i think you actually need to believe in them to even warrant seeing one! like ghosts. i am one of those who wont entertain the possibility of either, but thats just me. never seen one and pretty sure i never will. and until i do i will continue bieng a non believer!

I'm a fairly sensible guy (honest ), but I reckon that if the universe is indeed 'infinite', then it must surely follow that there are 'infinite' possibilities. Therefore there's every chance there's life out there!

It's Evolution Baby!

Peteff

posted on 19/8/12 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
I was abducted by aliens for 3 days in the 70s, ask work they'll verify it.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

hillbillyracer

posted on 19/8/12 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
Thinking about how vast the universe is it is pretty much certain that there's other life out there, as for if some of them have developed space travel & come here for a bit look round I'm fairly sceptical!
theconrodkid

posted on 19/8/12 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
yip,(well heard/felt the vibes)scared the crap out of me.
several years someone who was unknown to me at the time recounted the same experience....i recon they are out there

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

bi22le

posted on 19/8/12 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
Defiantly other life forms out there. Pretty much scientifically proven. None of them near us though and if they have the tech to find and get to us then they wont be interested. We will be primitive to the other intelligent life forms they go to meet.

Deal with it!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

mcerd1

posted on 20/8/12 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
I suspect it was either an experimental aircraft, or maybe a Soviet aircraft having a sniff about...

there was alot more of that going on than the MOD ever admitted at the time

I seem to remember something about Falkirk having several sightigns a month, then years later due to budget cuts the MOD announced they were going to stop testing experimental aircraft from ones of the bases over that way....

-

T66

posted on 20/8/12 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
We flew to a job about four years ago, about midnight.

So not much in the way of light aircraft about, particularly over the built up areas, we all saw a single light heading north, in the opposite direction to us.

The light wasnt strobing, the cab was turned to keep eyes onto it, I panned the camera around and picked it up on the IR camera.

After thirty seconds or so, we all realised it was a huge Chinese lantern, which had gone down our left side, which when it hit our downwash that sent it around behind us. suckering all us into thinking it was something a bit unusual.

Lights play all sorts of tricks on your eyes at night, anyway it was the closing party for the Beijing Olympics that night, and we put that down to some family releasing the lantern about midnight.

bobinspain

posted on 20/8/12 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
Never seen a UFO, even with over 3,000hrs flight-deck time on a VC10.
Been on many a 'journey into space' though (alcohol induced). I ensure I buy a return ticket.

Irony

posted on 20/8/12 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
The vast distances between us and the nearest solar system more or less prevent interstellar travel. If another race had the technology to cross such vast distances then you can be sure we wouldn't 'spot' them.

People also assume any other race would be interested in a society that seems to be increasingly dependant useless television shows, celebrity gossip and something called 'facebook'.

Benzine

posted on 20/8/12 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IronyPeople also assume any other race would be interested in a society that seems to be increasingly dependant useless television shows, celebrity gossip and something called 'facebook'.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bobinspain

posted on 20/8/12 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony
The vast distances between us and the nearest solar system more or less prevent interstellar travel. If another race had the technology to cross such vast distances then you can be sure we wouldn't 'spot' them.

That's assuming they use a technology base with which we're familair and employ known or proposed limited propulsion ability. (All based on relativity theory). Not to mention mankinds' paltry 100-200,000 years on the planet, (equivalent to the last second before midnight on New Year's eve assuming a one year evolutionary clock.
I'm a sceptic too Irony. Your moniker lives up to its name with your avatar from War of The Worlds.

woodster

posted on 20/8/12 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
these people seem very convincing

http://www.disclosureproject.org/

Confused but excited.

posted on 20/8/12 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
Lots of people see things in the sky that they can not identify. So by definition, they have seen a UFO.
If on the other hand, you mean has anyone seen an alien spacecraft, without resorting to recreational pharmaceuticals, then . . . .

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

02GF74

posted on 20/8/12 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
Defiantly other life forms out there. Pretty much scientifically proven.

nonsense. there is no proof, saying there are billions of galaxies with millions of stars that may have planets of similar distance as earth is to our sun is not proof - it is simply stating there are planets they are like earth and could support life.

life is only found on one place so there insufficient data to use probalilties to extrapolate that lfe exists elsewhere. what happened on earth to give rise to life may be a unique and unrepeatable event like the big band.

MikeFellows

posted on 20/8/12 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
im sure other life must exist. the shear number of stars in the observable universe makes me believe that its impossible life doesnt exist elsewhere. then really its just does intelligent life exist and if so whats the chances it has the capabilities to travel through space to visit us

I dont see it happening myself. though I am sure many of these people who spot them see ufo's they are just not from outer space

but what does get me wondering

given the opportunity to go visit and alien race on a different planet and have a look what they do, I would jump at the chance. then given that really im a large child, I could think of nothing better that capturing one and prodding it with a stick. so if I would do it, why wouldnt they?

AllWeatherDan

posted on 20/8/12 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
I was a UFO if you ask the tower at Linton.

Simply forgot to call downwind :-)

They had no idea who I was!!!!

Dan

There is no such thing as a stupid question.

Just the ones I ask!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.