New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sound bars ?
Jon Ison

posted on 9/9/12 at 11:10 PM Reply With Quote
Sound bars ?

Any good ? Any recommendations ?
slingshot2000

posted on 9/9/12 at 11:58 PM Reply With Quote
The Half Moon Inn, in Durham City is always a good bar to pop into for a quick pint !

regards
Jon

owelly

posted on 10/9/12 at 12:39 AM Reply With Quote
Or the:
Cockwell Inn.
Tillet
Herts...

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daniel mason

posted on 10/9/12 at 06:24 AM Reply With Quote
there are a few decent ones out there. even the early yamaha soundbars are pretty decent.
they do give room filling sound but not like a proper system of seperates. 5.1 is the way to go if budget will stretch,
if you need any recommendations im happy to help.

Rek

posted on 10/9/12 at 06:55 AM Reply With Quote
Ive had a Q acoustics Q TV which is 2.1 but the sound and depth are very good. clutter wise its nice as it bolts on to the back of the TV (Assuming thats what its for) using the wall mount bracket holes. multiple input types but we just use optical straight off the TV.
scudderfish

posted on 10/9/12 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
Or the:
Cockwell Inn.
Tillet
Herts...

In Harpenden there is a pub called "The Old Cock Inn" and I snigger like a school boy every time I see it.

Jasper

posted on 10/9/12 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
Look very simple but really DON'T give you anything like a 5.1 sound experience. Depends what you're after really, simplicity or sound quality.

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

ceebmoj

posted on 10/9/12 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
Have a look on AVfroums.co.uk for all sorts of advice. Also as others have said a nice budget separates system will be better. I find richersounds.com is hard to beat for price. do you mind saying how much you are thinking of spending?
scootz

posted on 10/9/12 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
Yamaha YSP-4100... all you'll ever need for a living room!

It's Evolution Baby!

bobinspain

posted on 10/9/12 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Amsterdam Bar in Huddersfield. (mind you, I'm talking 1979).

"We're having a gang bang" by Kim Cordell would round off the night, with EVERY person in the bar lined up, doing the actions and shouting (singing?) the lyrics.
The music was LOUD, so much so that the bar-staff all had to be able to lip-read.

'Give a little hmm' to me by Amanda Lear featured heavily.

YMCA er er er I've just realised something!! What the hell! Great nights.

blakep82

posted on 10/9/12 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
hmm, all very useful suggestions...

at work we've got an LG one, can't remember the model number, but its got just about every type on input you can imagine, usb for memory sticks and (i think) ipods, bluetooth for phones and laptops, HDMI, plus all the older fashioned one. its small, but powerful enough to easily fill the whole shop with sound

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Jon Ison

posted on 10/9/12 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
We are currently have a run of the mill samsung surround sound set up, we have just had the lounge re plastered, moving tv from one wall to another, having heard a few of these sound bars in operation thought it would be an easier and neater option to re installing it ?

Guess budget would be 400 ish max.

blakep82

posted on 10/9/12 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
i think its this one...
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/lg-nb3520a-2-1-sound-bar-13184194-pdt.html

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Jasper

posted on 11/9/12 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
It is a MUCH quicker install, but if you can run the wires around the back of the sofa then it's worth the extra effort in fitting a 5.1. And if your lounge area is of a reasonable size, especially if your sofa isn't against the back wall then the sound quality will be completely different, a real cinema experience. If you like movies and watch plenty of HD programmes then it really is worth the extra effort.

These sound bars all claim a true surround sound experience but in really the only thing that will give you surround sound is a proper 5.1 set-up. I reckon you need to spend at least half as much on the sound as you do on the TV. So my TV is +£1k and my sound system is around £500. I really don't see the point on getting a big 3D HD TV and then listening to it through crappy speakers.

As someone has said, have you got a Richer Sounds near you? I buy all my AV gear from them, and sort out all the rest of the families AV needs tool.

The last two nights we've watched our first 3D movies at home and I've been REALLY impressed with the quality, amazing 3D and pin sharp pictures.

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.