Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: It pays to ring around!!!!!
omega0684

posted on 18/4/13 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
It pays to ring around!!!!!

Hi Guys,

I have just had my renewal through from AF to the sum of £300! which includes an additional of £36 B/D cover, £30 Policy issue fee (WTF!) and £15 personal accident cover! (Which i didn't even agree too!) from last year, I'm sure you can imagine i was pretty disgusted with this!

Bare in mind I am 28, owned the kit for 5 year, its locked away and milage at 3000 max, no points and one None Fault accident in the past 5 years

I have just rang a few other insurers and I was gob smacked at the saving

A-Plan Insurance

Policy: £182
B/D: £30 (whole UK take home)
Legal (£100,000): £30
Excess: £100

Total: £242.25 (including legal and b/d)

2gether

Policy: £192.20
B/D: £25.30 (whole UK take home)
Legal (£100,000): £Included

Total: £217.50 (including legal and b/d)

Grayham Sykes

Policy: £192.19 for
B/D: £Included (whole UK take home)
Legal (£50,000): £Included

Total: £192.19 (including legal and b/d)

Frank Picles: Wouldn't insure me on a "sevenesk" car as i'm under 30!

I have just rang AF with these prices and spoke to a very nice girl called chloe! Not only have flux match the Sykes quote they have done it with no questions asked! (policy includes european & UK B/D and £100,000 legal)

i have always had good service from Flux and although a little miffed at the renewal e-mail after speaking to someone im glad they have seen sense!

Maybe a little rant at the start there but a happier customer in the end!

Time for lunch, cheese and corn beef sarnies with daddy's sauce! Love life, love your sarnies!

A

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sdh2903

posted on 18/4/13 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
Good result. This always annoys me at renewal time, there's no reward for loyalty anymore, why can't they just give you the low price to start with?

However I just turned 30 a few weeks ago and the insurance on my Focus ST has just about halved from last year to 260 quid. There are some benefits to getting old Hope the kit insurance goes the same way later this year.

omega0684

posted on 18/4/13 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
Jesus, who are you with! i drive a 1.9 diesel astra and the premium on that is £600!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big_wasa

posted on 18/4/13 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
Just tried this with my impreza and got nowhere
sdh2903

posted on 18/4/13 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
Renewal is due in 3 weeks, just did a quick meerkat and came up with 259 fully comp protected, 9 yrs NCD and no points. there were 2 quotes within pennies from Privilege and Churchill. last year I paid just over 500.
carlknight1982

posted on 18/4/13 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
I spoke to Chloe at Af also. I insured my roadster and go no quibble agreed value on it too

Logic will get you from a A to B
Imagination will take you everywhere.

Proby

posted on 18/4/13 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
I'm afraid I would have told AF to poke it, if they try and rip you off at renewal, there is no way they would of had my money even when matching quotes on principle.

Wasa, try sky insurance for Imprezas (nothing to do with tv), if you're not a scoobynet forum member, sign up and give them your username for discount, used them for scoob's for years and no one else came close.

Visit GraphicMonster

omega0684

posted on 18/4/13 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
Proby: i can certainly see where you are coming from. i was thinking the same, but then, in my view, i think most people are aware that the renewal e-mails are normally higher than or the same as the previous year. the part that annoyed me the most was the £30 policy issue fee and the £15 personal injury cover that i was not consulted about (if you take those off then the renewal would have been about the same price that i paid last year). with having to fill in all new forms etc with a new insurer (excluding the 30 minutes or so of me ringing round) the end result means that i have a hassle free (admin) renewal, i got the cheapest policy without having to do to much at all (and i don't have to fill in any forms now either) on principle i agree with you

[Edited on 18/4/13 by omega0684]

big_wasa

posted on 18/4/13 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Proby Wasa, try sky insurance for Imprezas.

Cheers but they where £20 dearer than my renewal quote. The only cheaper quote I got was from Performance direct but they have had me over before and the excess was beyond stupid.

TimC

posted on 18/4/13 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
I have to say that I use A-Plan in Bletchley without fail. They always get me a very fair price, are great to deal with and it saves me a mountain of ####ing around.

Thought I should qualify this by saying that my insurance hasn't gone-up in three years (has gone down.) Compare that to the overall trend.

[Edited on 18/4/13 by TimC]

mazie

posted on 18/4/13 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
I'm surprised by frank pickles as I've been with them for 3 years now and I'm 31. Must be a new policy!
Proby

posted on 18/4/13 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Frank Pickles wouldn't put my wife on last year as she was 29 (not a bad thing really, leaving the wife off!). The chap stated its the easiest way to keep there policy prices as low as possible.

Visit GraphicMonster

Ninehigh

posted on 21/4/13 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
Jesus, who are you with! i drive a 1.9 diesel astra and the premium on that is £600!

Same here, 33, completely clean and a 206 diesel £550

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.