Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ring insurance? !
StrikerChris

posted on 5/6/13 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
Ring insurance? !

Hi folks

Friends are off to nurberg august and we're thinking of joining them.has anyone any ideas of a ballpark figure for insurance to drive round? I could cope with my car coming back in bits,and the normal insurance not paying but not with some of the horror stories of costs of barrier costs and closed track fines so am refusing to go at the moment!
Any experience anyone?

Cheers

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
gaz_gaz

posted on 5/6/13 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
http://nurburgring.org.uk/insurance.php
mazie

posted on 5/6/13 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
The two times I've been with Bi22le in here someone in our group has destroyed Armco and suffered huge fees. The first instance was something around 3000 euros just for repairs to the track! He took out ring insurance the second year and paid £150 a day but this only covered fines/circuit damage and nothing on the car!
bi22le

posted on 5/6/13 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mazie
The two times I've been with Bi22le in here someone in our group has destroyed Armco and suffered huge fees. The first instance was something around 3000 euros just for repairs to the track! He took out ring insurance the second year and paid £150 a day but this only covered fines/circuit damage and nothing on the car!

Yup!

Also I dont think it covers other cars being damaged either. I have heard horror stories of people blowing engines or crashing and spreading oil across the track. Mr 80k 911 comes along and crashes due to your oil spill.

My advice is to push as you would on a early morning road. No more than 80%. I span when there and did not hit anything.

Its not a track day, its an experience.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

gaz_gaz

posted on 5/6/13 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Just poodle round, don't be tempted to get into a battle with the ropey old E30 BMW that looks like it should have been scrapped 10 years ago.
Remember it's not a playstation game and there is no reset button.
I got suckered in by a Porsche Cayman R and finished up with a lap time of 8min 53sec BTG. do as I say and not as I do

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.