Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Kit insurance
strikerbird

posted on 20/2/14 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
Kit insurance

Had my renewal come yesterday from Adrian flux, they wanted £270! last year it was around £220

Had a shop around and A-plan insurance are doing an identical cover for £150

Spoke to Adrian flux and they matched it after, but I prefer best prices first time.

Paul Turner

posted on 20/2/14 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
Recently took out a policy with A-Plan. My renewal with MSM was £220, A-Plan was £109 for the same cover. Chris at A-Plan was knowledgeable and very helpful. Policy documents arrived within days.

If my existing company cannot give me a good deal without me ringing up and asking sod them. If more people left such grabbing companies they may start offering good deals to existing customers.

[Edited on 20/2/14 by Paul Turner]

twybrow

posted on 20/2/14 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
Try 2gether - I have always had great prices and great service from Gary and the team.
pewe

posted on 20/2/14 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
Frank Pickles have always come up with the best deal for me.
Cheers, Pewe10

skidude88

posted on 25/7/14 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
Frank Pickles - No BEC

Just in case anyone finds this looking to insure their BEC.

Frank Pickles don't do BECs (found out today, after going through it all on the phone)

Early MK de-Dion CBR1000 FJ-FP.

Cadburys Man

posted on 8/9/14 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
Strikerbird I've had a VERY similar experience as u today......
Mine is due on the 27th of this month so I phoned my current insurer (Adrian Flux) who quoted a renewal figure of £224 (£4 cheaper than last year) and told me if I can find it cheaper they would match it so why not just give me their best price to start with!!! :-/
I then phoned Footman James who quoted me £280 so that was a no starter lol
Last but definitely not least I phoned A-Plan and spoke to a very helpful lady called Katie who gave me her direct number and couldn't do enough to help me and quoted me £160!!!
If Adrian Flux would had given me their best price from the start then I would had stayed with them but it looks like they've lost another customer because of their greed :-/

Stuart Taylor ZX9-R Locosaki

Slimy38

posted on 9/9/14 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Turner

If my existing company cannot give me a good deal without me ringing up and asking sod them. If more people left such grabbing companies they may start offering good deals to existing customers.

My thoughts entirely. I know that the existing company will price match but if they can't give me their best price then I'll move, even if I subsequently end up paying a little more.

AndyW

posted on 9/9/14 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
Strange thing insurance, just had my renewal through from Adrian Flux and its £5 increase. So can't be bothered to waste my time ringing round. Last time almost all other companies would match but none beat them, so for the sake of £5 and my phone bill, just leaving as is.
ReMan

posted on 9/9/14 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AndyW
Strange thing insurance, just had my renewal through from Adrian Flux and its £5 increase. So can't be bothered to waste my time ringing round. Last time almost all other companies would match but none beat them, so for the sake of £5 and my phone bill, just leaving as is.

Agreeed exactly! And not unreasonable .
But most off them are so greedy they pile on £100s as per my Jag insurance £100 more than last year, car a year older , extra years no claims. Best they could offer was £20 off, moved to save £100, but would have to save a fiver in principle

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 9/9/14 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
As may have been mentioned, F+J no longer insure BECs. Well, not mine anyway.

The absolute stunner for me was the van insurance. The current insurers wanted £232 more this year than last, with no change in circumstances other than the van and me were another year older. I've insured with them for 11 years. When I failed to renew, having gone elsewhere, they decided to renew it anyway (without my authorisation) and demand retrospective payment and a financial penalty..... so, one customer never to return.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.