Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dan at Adrian Flux Insurance
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

posted on 13/3/14 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
Dan at Adrian Flux Insurance

Hi everyone.

This is just a short introduction, I'm Dan and I've worked for Adrian Flux Insurance for nearly 25 years.

If any of you on here have any general insurance queries or specific problems with Adrian Flux insurance please let me know. I have hand-picked a small but dedicated team of staff who with me will try and assist you wherever possible. I can assure you we will be completely impartial despite being on the payroll of Adrian Flux. If we have messed-up we will acknowledge that and make efforts to get it corrected. If any of you do not understand an insurer’s viewpoint we will do our best to clearly explain it.

It could be problems ranging from simple paperwork issues to major claim disputes. With our many years of experience we should be able to answer most queries immediately. If there were issues or a problem that we can’t answer directly we would ensure that a relevant manager investigates these and we would then be able to relay an answer back.

I hope this will be of some help for you.

On behalf of myself and my team, thanks very much.

Dan.

Adrian Flux Insurance Services

Not Anumber

posted on 13/3/14 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
Not specifically related to kit car cover but the thing ive often wondered about car insurance in recent years is why it is necessary to move providers in order to get a better deal and why it an insurance provider will often only start looking for a lower premium for their customer when the the customer tells them they are leaving for a better rate.

Why is this not just done automatically, by default, whenever a policy comes up for renewal ?

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

posted on 13/3/14 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Not Anumber
Not specifically related to kit car cover but the thing ive often wondered about car insurance in recent years is why it is necessary to move providers in order to get a better deal and why it an insurance provider will often only start looking for a lower premium for their customer when the the customer tells them they are leaving for a better rate.

Why is this not just done automatically, by default, whenever a policy comes up for renewal ?

Hi

All insurers are different and you will find many times a company wont move on the rate they first give you. As a broker with do have a certain amount of flexibility with the companies that we use but many of them will only allow us to use them when we are trying to compete, we also have the flexibility of being able to call up the insurers to see if there is anything they can do to compete if you do obtain a rate elsewhere. We always try to offer the most competitive rate the first time you contact us or on renewal but we are unable to know what the rest of the market are quoting and this is why we have been given a certain amount of flexibility with the company’s we deal with to look into it.

Anything you have a query on please don’t hesitate to PM me

Regards

Dan

Not Anumber

posted on 13/3/14 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
As the public have access to insurance price comparison sites would I be right in presuming insurance brokers have access to a form of common trading platform so they are able to ensure business is assigned to the underwriters offering the best value for a customer's circumstances and policy term requirements.

As brokers are able to cast round for competitive quotes from underwriters by one means or another why isnt this done by default at every policy renewal ? Why aren't all brokers putting in this legwork for their customers at every renewal ? They are after all taking a brokerage fee for providing a service.

With your experience of the industry would you say it was beause part of the business model for many brokers relies on customer inertia, that the desire to earn a higher commission on a higher premium from a customer who fails to challenge or churn is regarded as sufficiently beneficial to the bottom line they believ it outweighs an obligation to the customer to provide competitive value.

Is indeed the insurance market one of the last remaining bastions of anti competitive practice ?

CC Cyclone

posted on 13/3/14 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
Can you explain why, in contrast to every other insurance company I have encountered, you fail to refund any premium whatsoever when an insurance policy is cancelled, as I recall, beyond 14 days into the cover, despite the policy being in excess of £1000 / annum and paid in full at the time of purchase?

[Edited on 13/3/14 by CC Cyclone]

theduck

posted on 13/3/14 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
Jeez notanumber give hima break! We all know why they do this and you have answered your own question.

On a separate note, should we ask for anyone particular of we want a quote dan? Or just te standard number still?

Not Anumber

posted on 13/3/14 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
no, ive given what i think is the answer. I need Dan with his knowledge of the way the industry works to confirm or deny

Fieldy

posted on 13/3/14 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
I would presume that the number of people that do just renew their policies justifies the Insurance Company doing it (from their point of view). I would imagine there are calculations that are performed to determine their retention rates and the associated profits vs losing the odd customer here and there and the associated losses…. Higher renewal premiums obviously comes out on top

Every year I hunt for new deals and actually for my main car Direct Line are always the best… so essential I’m doing a new quote for the company I’m already using! Ludicrous

The same can be said for getting an Online quote and then phoning the company about it, Previously I have had my Online quote halved (for my motorbike) just by pressing the insurer for a better deal.

Ultimately Insurers are a business and are in this game to make money, its up to us to haggle them for the best possible deal.

nick205

posted on 13/3/14 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
Dan,

Welcome.

I think it's a good pro-active (and slightly brave) approach to join up to the forum and I'm sure you will be able to add some insight and assistance. I hope it's viewed positively and constructively by all.

I currently have insurance with Flux Direct and have also used them in the past. Experience has been good to date.

Cheers
Nick

jacko

posted on 13/3/14 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Dan
I have just seen this link
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/51/viewthread.php?tid=189516
And wondered how we prove that we are members of this site when we ring you
I don't have a club card or any thing for Locost builders

It will be interesting to see what A/Flux renewal will be this year
All the best
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
benchmark51

posted on 13/3/14 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
Dan at Adrian Flux Insurance

I took a policy out with AF for my kit car. At the same time I asked about a policy for a car I was hoping to buy. From the desciption of the car I was almost certain that I would buy it and drive it home (200 miles). I was given a price and before I knew it the amount was taken from my account (details were already given to pay for my kit car insurance). The following day I travelled to collect the new car, only to find it was not as described. Therefor I didn't buy it and cancelled the insurance policy the next day. You charged me £40 for that! Now I want my money back. Am I not covered by the rules of distance selling/buying and entitled to change my mind and cancel without penalty?
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

posted on 17/3/14 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CC Cyclone
Can you explain why, in contrast to every other insurance company I have encountered, you fail to refund any premium whatsoever when an insurance policy is cancelled, as I recall, beyond 14 days into the cover, despite the policy being in excess of £1000 / annum and paid in full at the time of purchase?

We have 40-50 company’s which we use and we will search for the most competitive price that we have to offer. Unfortunately we cant just go on a price compassion site and input our customers details to see what the rest of the market is quoting as this would be a breach of data protection.
Also we cant just amend the commission levels with a company as these are already set, so come round to renewal time the commission will remain the same unless we transfer the customer to a new company (this is all set by an agreement between us and the insurer so we cant just amend it to earn more commission) We wont just increase the price to earn more commission as the way the market is and how competitive it is we would just lose all of our customers (which we do not want to do)

Regards Dan

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

posted on 17/3/14 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CC Cyclone

[Edited on 17/3/14 by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX]

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

posted on 17/3/14 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Not Anumber
As the public have access to insurance price comparison sites would I be right in presuming insurance brokers have access to a form of common trading platform so they are able to ensure business is assigned to the underwriters offering the best value for a customer's circumstances and policy term requirements.

As brokers are able to cast round for competitive quotes from underwriters by one means or another why isnt this done by default at every policy renewal ? Why aren't all brokers putting in this legwork for their customers at every renewal ? They are after all taking a brokerage fee for providing a service.

With your experience of the industry would you say it was beause part of the business model for many brokers relies on customer inertia, that the desire to earn a higher commission on a higher premium from a customer who fails to challenge or churn is regarded as sufficiently beneficial to the bottom line they believ it outweighs an obligation to the customer to provide competitive value.

Is indeed the insurance market one of the last remaining bastions of anti competitive practice ?

We have 40-50 company’s which we use and we will search for the most competitive price that we have to offer. Unfortunately we cant just go on a price compassion site and input our customers details to see what the rest of the market is quoting as this would be a breach of data protection.
Also we cant just amend the commission levels with a company as these are already set, so come round to renewal time the commission will remain the same unless we transfer the customer to a new company (this is all set by an agreement between us and the insurer so we cant just amend it to earn more commission) We wont just increase the price to earn more commission as the way the market is and how competitive it is we would just lose all of our customers (which we do not want to do)

Regards Dan

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

posted on 17/3/14 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry quoted the wrong one above
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

posted on 17/3/14 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
Dan,

Welcome.

I think it's a good pro-active (and slightly brave) approach to join up to the forum and I'm sure you will be able to add some insight and assistance. I hope it's viewed positively and constructively by all.

I currently have insurance with Flux Direct and have also used them in the past. Experience has been good to date.

Cheers
Nick

Hi Nick

Thankyou, you expect this when a insurance company is on a forum site its it all ok, thats why we joined the site.

Regards Dan

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

posted on 17/3/14 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benchmark51
I took a policy out with AF for my kit car. At the same time I asked about a policy for a car I was hoping to buy. From the desciption of the car I was almost certain that I would buy it and drive it home (200 miles). I was given a price and before I knew it the amount was taken from my account (details were already given to pay for my kit car insurance). The following day I travelled to collect the new car, only to find it was not as described. Therefor I didn't buy it and cancelled the insurance policy the next day. You charged me £40 for that! Now I want my money back. Am I not covered by the rules of distance selling/buying and entitled to change my mind and cancel without penalty?

Hi

Please PM me your details and I will have a look into this for you.
Cant really advise without seeing the policy but we wouldn’t just take the money unless you agreed to go ahead with the policy ( we would need card details from yourself to be able to do this) Also if you had started the policy then it would be subject to charges as we have to pay set up charges with the insurers and also would have to send/cancel the details which were sent to the MID. I know its a bit of a difficult situation but I can only advise in further to get a quote and then call when you have the car in your possession to go ahead with it and it will stop this happening in the future. But all cases are different so if you send me your details I can PM you back with regards to your case.

Regards Dan

trextr7monkey

posted on 17/3/14 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Dan,
Not directly an AF problem but I would welcome the view of someone working in car insurance if possible
Somebody ran into the back of me while I was stationary on way to work at traffic lights, I guess he was on his phone, it was all sorted by his insurance with no involvement from myself but I did notify my own insurance company. So far so good, I later discovered that as a named driver on my children's policies I have to declare this incident - I feel that is inherently wrong as nothing to do with me -insurer concerned said if I had lots of these ocurrences it might show I am travelling at peak times, I pay extra for commuting which must surely cover this -also other guy admitted 100% liability so it isn't like I sneakily reversed into him or anything stupid. Seems like they are just looking for info to help to load the odds or am I just paranoid?
atb
Mike

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14016102@N00/ (cut and paste this dodgey link)

Our most recent pics are here:
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/trextr7monkey/

40inches

posted on 17/3/14 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
My wife was "involved" in a no fault accident. Her car had a load of steel bars dropped on it while it was parked
She was charged an extra £30 on renewal, because, according to Swift insurance even if you are involved in a no fault
accident, you are very likely to have another one???????????????

Jon Ison

posted on 17/3/14 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
2p from me

A few moons ago I was unfortunate to be involved in a single vehicle (at fault) accident, basically I flipped the GT1 over an hedge and into a field upside down, was insured with AF.

Assessor came out, checked the car over we then sat and agreed parts cost and how long it would take (hours) to fix, agreed a hourly rate they basically paid for the parts and paid me to fix my own car, painless and simple, I'm in my 15th year of kit ownership still with same insurer AF. (premium surprisingly didn't increase much either)

For the above reasons whenever I'm asked I recommend AF.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

posted on 17/3/14 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by trextr7monkey
Hi Dan,
Not directly an AF problem but I would welcome the view of someone working in car insurance if possible
Somebody ran into the back of me while I was stationary on way to work at traffic lights, I guess he was on his phone, it was all sorted by his insurance with no involvement from myself but I did notify my own insurance company. So far so good, I later discovered that as a named driver on my children's policies I have to declare this incident - I feel that is inherently wrong as nothing to do with me -insurer concerned said if I had lots of these ocurrences it might show I am travelling at peak times, I pay extra for commuting which must surely cover this -also other guy admitted 100% liability so it isn't like I sneakily reversed into him or anything stupid. Seems like they are just looking for info to help to load the odds or am I just paranoid?
atb
Mike

Hi

If you were the person driving you will need to disclose this on your insurance , what the other company advised you was correct that if you had many non fault claims it may need looking into as it would look like you always in a bad place at the wrong time, one or two of these will not effect the quote (most insurers) but as I said if it becomes more there will be a higher chance of you claiming on your own insurance as you seemed to be involved in accidents (seems a bit harsh in some cases but its the way insurers work). Dont get paranoid about it and if its that only one you have nothing to worry about.

Regards Dan

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

posted on 17/3/14 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
My wife was "involved" in a no fault accident. Her car had a load of steel bars dropped on it while it was parked
She was charged an extra £30 on renewal, because, according to Swift insurance even if you are involved in a no fault

Did she claim on her own insurance for the damage or did the place where the steel bars pay for the damage. If she claimed on hers it would have been a fault claim (even though it wasnt really her fault) - this is due to the insurer having to pay out. Not really sure why they would charge extra £30 for a non fault claim (im guessing the only claim you have on file) Was the £30 definitely for the claim? Maybe a bit harsh to advise you that you are more likely to have another claim after what actually happened in the claim but every company works differently.

Regards

Dan

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

posted on 17/3/14 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
2p from me

A few moons ago I was unfortunate to be involved in a single vehicle (at fault) accident, basically I flipped the GT1 over an hedge and into a field upside down, was insured with AF.

Assessor came out, checked the car over we then sat and agreed parts cost and how long it would take (hours) to fix, agreed a hourly rate they basically paid for the parts and paid me to fix my own car, painless and simple, I'm in my 15th year of kit ownership still with same insurer AF. (premium surprisingly didn't increase much either)

For the above reasons whenever I'm asked I recommend AF.

Thanks for the positive feedback
Glad to have you on board

Regards
Dan

40inches

posted on 17/3/14 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches

Did she claim on her own insurance for the damage or did the place where the steel bars pay for the damage. If she claimed on hers it would have been a fault claim (even though it wasnt really her fault) - this is due to the insurer having to pay out. Not really sure why they would charge extra £30 for a non fault claim (im guessing the only claim you have on file) Was the £30 definitely for the claim? Maybe a bit harsh to advise you that you are more likely to have another claim after what actually happened in the claim but every company works differently.

Regards

Dan

The other party insurer paid up, a witness took the reg number and the driver left a note under the windscreen.
Swift said it was statistically proven that she was likely to have another non fault accident, she hasn't 6 years on.
It goes without saying Swift didn't get her custom.

coyoteboy

posted on 17/3/14 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
I've always paid more for my non-fault, non-claim accident and now my other half has had to pay more for her non-fault non-claim accident. It's a farce, I would like to see the statistical evidence (and who generated it!) for this increase in premium. I suspect it's partially there to cover the folk who fraudulently claim but are not found out. This isn't fair to pass on to the other customers.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.