Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2gether have bumped our premium by 50%!
FASTdan

posted on 18/3/14 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
2gether have bumped our premium by 50%!

Last year was £115 (parts only), this year £165!! Myself (34, full NCB) and my dad (61, full NCB) to drive, MK Indy with a 2.3 duratec.

They apparently blamed the 2.3 duratec and also the postcode (Bradford). Neither of which have altered since last year.

Anyone else experienced a significant hike? Guess we'd better start shopping around....

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
ashg

posted on 18/3/14 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
frank pickles will usually beat 2gether just for the fun of it. i seem to do one year fp one year 2g to price war them off against each other and keep the policy the same price. interestingly the underwriter is always highway which is part of lv group.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

chrism

posted on 18/3/14 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds quite common for any insurance company these days, been with us for a year ok then time for a price hike on renewal for no reason. Give them a ring as say you can get it cheaper elsewhere.

Year before last for my normal car my insurance was about 50% less than when the renewal came in last year, change companys and got it cheaper than the year before.

Noone seems to reward loyalty, same with eveything really, Broadband, Sky always goes up in price for same service unless you haggle.

----------------------------
A little hard work never killed anyone, but why take the risk!
-----------------------------

greenwood03

posted on 18/3/14 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
the guys in SKCC have just sorted a deal with A Plan in Thatcham, was blown away when they quoted £120 including a spot on agreed value, not bad, 40% saving on my existing renewal.
suggest a call to them or Frank Pickles to see if they can better your quote Dan....

http://southernkitcars.comIntermarque Club for owners in the South/South East

Scuzzle

posted on 18/3/14 at 11:57 PM Reply With Quote
Just about every company tries this now, a few years ago they would sneak your premium up by £20 but now put it up by hundreds. Since you don't get any reward for loyalty you just go somewhere else.
JAG

posted on 19/3/14 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

you don't get any reward for loyalty you just go somewhere else.

This ^

I check every year that I'm getting a good price and simply swap without any guilt!

I'm currently with 2gether and so far I'm happy with their price and service

Justin

Who is this super hero? Sarge? ...No.
Rosemary, the telephone operator? ...No.
Penry, the mild-mannered janitor? ...Could be!

twybrow

posted on 19/3/14 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FASTdan
Last year was £115 (parts only), this year £165!! Myself (34, full NCB) and my dad (61, full NCB) to drive, MK Indy with a 2.3 duratec.

They apparently blamed the 2.3 duratec and also the postcode (Bradford). Neither of which have altered since last year.

Anyone else experienced a significant hike? Guess we'd better start shopping around....

I just got my renewal letter from them, and the premium has gone down by £7 (32, 4 years NCB, garaged down South, ZX12 powered).

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.