Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: anyone used footman James on Vin number
killerferret666

posted on 7/8/14 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
anyone used footman James on Vin number

Ive got 2 quotes;

first is from Bloor and Co insured on VIN and appears to be no timeframe and they will issue a new letter for proof of insurance each time i need to drive to the IVA. The quote is around £380

or

Footman James
they will only give 28days on the VIN, fine for first test but if 2nd test is after then im stuffed...however the quote is £235

So quite a difference, the question is has anyone been with Footman James and had to extend the insurance past 28days without a problem? I dont want to insure it and the insurance become invalid because I haven't passed the test yet or the DVLa are dragging their heals!

Building DDR GT4

Miami Gt4 Blog - Click Here

theprisioner

posted on 7/8/14 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
I did my kit car on a VIN before it was IVA'd. Basically they provide a years worth of insurance that will be converted to fully comp once you have your REG. They insist you contact them each time you use it prior to registration (for a fixed period like 1wk) for going to MoT stations and IVA stations. Obviously test runs are a no no. There are no additional costs to my recollection with Bloors other than the annual mileage limit.

http://sylvabuild.blogspot.com/

http://austin7special.blogspot.co.uk/

stripe

posted on 7/8/14 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
Footman James will extended it to 56 days if you phone up near the end of the first 28 days...

Apparently this is as the DVLA will only let you insure a car on VIN number for up to 56 days... I'm about 45 days in, and of course it's the DVLA that are holding me with my registration!

[Edited on 7/8/14 by stripe]

killerferret666

posted on 8/8/14 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stripe
Footman James will extended it to 56 days if you phone up near the end of the first 28 days...

Apparently this is as the DVLA will only let you insure a car on VIN number for up to 56 days... I'm about 45 days in, and of course it's the DVLA that are holding me with my registration!

[Edited on 7/8/14 by stripe]

Thanks for the information, although 56 days sounds a good amount of time that would include the DVLA part...removing at least 14 days probably more like 21 days

I think for peace of mind and my insurance not going invalid I may just go with Bloors, as that way I get a new cover note for each time I drive to the test and no limit on how long that might take.

Building DDR GT4

Miami Gt4 Blog - Click Here

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.