Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FlexDrive from Adrian Flux Insurance
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

posted on 23/4/15 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
FlexDrive from Adrian Flux Insurance

Hi guys and girls,

Hope you don’t mind a new thread. Adrian Flux Insurance now offer a new extra benefit which is available to add to a policy called FlexDrive. In short, if you have the ‘Driving other cars’ extension on your policy, which will only give you cover against third party risks, this ‘top-up’ policy will increase the cover to a comprehensive level giving up to £20,000 worth of cover for the car you are driving.

I'm not trying to give it the hard sell here - I just thought with it being unique as far as I know in the market, it was worth talking about.

It does have some restrictions; you must already have the driving other cars third party only benefit on your policy (this doesn't buy you the extension), the car must be insured, not belong to you, or be registered at your address. It can only be added to an Adrian Flux insurance policy.

The policy is perfect for someone who has friends or relatives who are ‘in to’ their cars like you and I. Using someone else’s car with just third party cover is always a bit awkward, especially if something happens!

It won’t suit everyone I know, but for people like you and I who love their cars, it could be very handy. At £24.99 a year it’s very reasonably priced.

Cheers,
Dan.

ianhurley20

posted on 23/4/15 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
Must say this interests me - I don't drive many other cars, only one I can think of was my daughters, we had an exhausting day out with her children at the seaside and she felt really tired and asked me to drive the remaining 20 miles home. I did but was conscious of the fact that I was only covered 3rd party and her 2012 C3 Picasso is her only transport. This sort of policy would have really put my mind at rest. I think I will be in touch Dan

steve m

posted on 23/4/15 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
What I would be interested in, would be a policy that allows me only to drive my mondeo and at separate times my 7 on one policy
I am the only driver in my house, as Wifey doesn't drive

Neither my mondeo or kit car can ever be driven at the same time, as its impossible for me to even try, yet I have to have two policies running for both cars
and I have NEVER lent either car out, and doubt I ever would

Apart from a traders policy is there anything I could use ?

regards

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

posted on 24/4/15 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
What I would be interested in, would be a policy that allows me only to drive my mondeo and at separate times my 7 on one policy
I am the only driver in my house, as Wifey doesn't drive

Neither my mondeo or kit car can ever be driven at the same time, as its impossible for me to even try, yet I have to have two policies running for both cars
and I have NEVER lent either car out, and doubt I ever would

Apart from a traders policy is there anything I could use ?

regards

steve

Hi Steve,

We don't specifically offer a policy that will allow you have both vehicles on one policy - The issue you have is regardless of if you are driving one or the other, there are two vehicles at risk as oppose to one. This goes for things like theft claims, not just you having an accident.

What we can offer however is a standard every day policy for the 'daily driver' so to speak, and then a limited mileage policy for the 7, if it is used infrequently/sunny days and Sundays.

We also offer a discount if you take a multicar policy out with us.

So, what ever the scenario we will try and help. If you wanted to PM me your contact details I would be happy to arrange for us to get in touch for a chat.

Kind regards,
Dan.

james h

posted on 27/6/15 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
A quick note to people thinking about this, I just rang to add FlexDrive to my policy, it turns out (very disappointingly) that it can't be added to an existing policy, and only when renewing every 12 months.

Seems a bit silly considering I was offering to pay the £25 for 5/6 months and again at renewal, at a higher pro rata for the rest of my current policy. They clearly don't want my money!

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

posted on 29/6/15 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by james h
A quick note to people thinking about this, I just rang to add FlexDrive to my policy, it turns out (very disappointingly) that it can't be added to an existing policy, and only when renewing every 12 months.

Seems a bit silly considering I was offering to pay the £25 for 5/6 months and again at renewal, at a higher pro rata for the rest of my current policy. They clearly don't want my money!

Hi,

This was an oversight on our part, you certainly can add it mid-term although it is at the full price as due to it being a standalone policy we are unable to add it pro-rata.

If you want to PM me your policy number I can arrange it to be added rather than you calling us.

Kind regards,
Dan.

james h

posted on 1/7/15 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
quote:
Originally posted by james h

Hi,

This was an oversight on our part, you certainly can add it mid-term although it is at the full price as due to it being a standalone policy we are unable to add it pro-rata.

If you want to PM me your policy number I can arrange it to be added rather than you calling us.

Kind regards,
Dan.

Thanks, u2u sent.

P.S There might have been confusion on my part, I have two cars covered by AF, one which has '3rd party cover on other cars' added to the policy. Until last renewal, it was on the other car. May explain why it couldn't be added, especially if I gave the policy number for the car without that added cover.

Regards,

James

james h

posted on 2/7/15 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
To add a footnote, I got it added to the correct policy, and it was on offer at £14.50. Result!
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

posted on 3/7/15 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Yes a good point made by James, it is currently on offer if anyone is interested!

Dan

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.