Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Insurance curfew!!!!!
40inches

posted on 9/6/16 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
Insurance curfew!!!!!

Just checked my renewal, and noticed that between the hours of 10pm and 6am, if the car isn't in the garage, not insured
Checked other companies, and this seems to be the standard for Kit Car insurance. It would be a problem if using the Kit for holidays or overnight camping at Shows etc:

stripe

posted on 9/6/16 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
i'm with footman and james which also state the same!
In a side note there is something about being within a reasonable distance of your garage, meaning that holidays etc are ok...

ravingfool

posted on 9/6/16 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
Are you sure that's not just applicable when the kit is at your home?

I have the same requirement but only applied to when it's at home. ie. it lives in the garage, but if you're stupid enough to leave it on your drive or the road directly outside your house all night then they're not going to be picking up the tab when it gets stolen as you should have had it in your garage.

It's actually just a more explicit statement of the standard insurance practice - if you say your car is garaged, it should be!

Specifically this requirement (in my policy at least) does not apply when away from home. I have no obligation to park in a locked garage anywhere else and can leave it out on the road when away.

WallerZero

posted on 9/6/16 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
I have just checked my old policy with Adrian Flux. It states:

"This insurance does not cover damage to the Insured Vehicle from any cause, nor theft or attempted theft of the vehicle unless it is kept in a properly constructed and locked garage when at the home or garaging address between the hours of 10pm and 6am."

I read that as if it is at the registered address for the insurance, you must have it in the garage and not on the driveway. If you are away from that address though, you will still be insured. Basically don't leave it on the drive overnight if you normally park it in the garage

http://zachsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk/

russbost

posted on 9/6/16 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
Mines with A plan, I believe it does specify that the car needs to be garaged overnight (which I stated was the case when taking out the insurance), but my understanding is that is applicable only if the car is at it's home premises, if you are out elsewhere with the car eg staying over at a friends, or on hols etc. then to the best of my knowledge that doesn't apply.

just checked with A plan a couple of days ago to confirm what my cover is for use in France as off to Le mans next week & was told use in Europe is covered fully comp up to 30 days, you just need to let them know you're going, that seems a very good deal, but they certainly didn't mention I had to take the garage with me!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 9/6/16 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
Standard seems to be garaged overnight at registered address .if it's there .

[Edited on 9/6/16 by ian locostzx9rc2]

40inches

posted on 9/6/16 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
Seems a bit ambiguous, but I suppose being an insurance document !!!!!!
It's not plain, but appears that if the car is within 1 kilometre of home it must be in a garage, between 10 and 6.
No mention of if at another address, so would seem that it would be ok to leave unattended over night?
As Russ says, I can't take the garage with me

[Edited on 9-6-16 by 40inches]

Andi

posted on 9/6/16 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
A little different but still garage related

Flux cancelled my insurance this year a couple of days after I took it out.
I found an answerphone message on my moby a day later asking to ring them ,which i did and they said i did not have a garage next to
my house as i had stated in the quote.
I had to walk them up my street on google maps and point out my garage attached to the house (their idea)
They apologised and said they did not know how the mistake had happened. i think they were struggling with google maps in the first place and were looking at the wrong house.
Bizarre and unreliable way to do garage checks though..

Andi

coyoteboy

posted on 9/6/16 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
Every time ive got a quote for garaged/ungaraged on tin tops, ungaraged has been cheaper anyway.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.