Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: How small?
hazardpro

posted on 12/9/16 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
How small?

So I'm close to purchasing my first kit car and really like the striker.

I've been reading that the striker is one of the smaller kit cars.

I'm 5:11" with size 10" feet. Is it going to be too small for me?

Also anyone running bucket seats in theirs? If so which and are they on rails?

Thanks guys!

loggyboy

posted on 12/9/16 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
Im 5'11, 34-36" waist with size 9 and have no issues with a Striker. If you wear big fat shoes rather than slim trainers you might have issues not pressing more than 1 pedal per foot.
its certainly one of the narrowest as the chassis has s single rail front to rear tapering in, where as most have a parallel rail to the cockpit front which then angles in to narrow to the front. Whilst its also smaller in most dimensions, the length is good as the offset engine position allows for a good pedal box size. Front what I remember when I last sat in mine I could have 3-4" longer legs and still be comfortable with a standard bench seat against the rear bulkhead.
Where are located, im sure a local member would happily let you sit in one.

[Edited on 12-9-16 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

hazardpro

posted on 12/9/16 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
I'm down in Worthing (br Brighton) on the south coast.

Yeah would love to see one in the flesh before I push the button. Though as my first kit car I have nothing to compare to (not a bad thing).

I haven't really read anything bad about the striker, I love the shape and think they look the tits with the roll case installed....

Seems like a good option as the space in my garage is tight too so it's ticking the boxes so far

If anyone is down my way and wouldn't mind I'd love to look at one close up.

loggyboy

posted on 12/9/16 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
I dont think Pekwah is far, maybe Crawley way IIRC? check the locostbuilders map.
http://locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/7/viewthread.php?tid=115934

Mistral Motorsport

BDMStriker

posted on 12/9/16 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
theyre cosy but surprisingly comfy

Ive JK composite seats fitted and anyone over 6ft2/3 i think will struggle with them fitted, Bench seats you'll not have a problem i dont think,

Im 5"8.. & just under 14st, so its more the width of the seat i struggle with at you only have 39-40cm to play with,

Great cars though

where abouts are you located? try and get a chance to sit in one with buckets and Bench seats would be a good way to settle your mind.

edit* just realised you'd put brighton as location

[Edited on 12/9/16 by BDMStriker]

[Edited on 12/9/16 by BDMStriker]

Sam_68

posted on 12/9/16 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
I'm 6'0" and 17 stone with size 10 feet, and I fitted my Striker (Phoenix) fine.

Physical proportions and comfort differ, though, as do individual cars (I found a friend's Fiat Twin-Cam engined striker undriveable due to different pedals and steering wheel), so the only real answer is to try one out.

pekwah1

posted on 12/9/16 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

I'm not far from you in Horsham.
Although mine's not road legal yet, you're more than welcome to pop up some time and place yourself in and see what you think.
For reference, i'm 6'4", 15 1/2 stone (36" waist) and fit in it alright, it's actually my second striker, so plenty of room!

Cheers,
Andy

BDMStriker

posted on 12/9/16 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sam_68
I'm 6'0" and 17 stone with size 10 feet, and I fitted my Striker (Phoenix) fine.

Physical proportions and comfort differ, though, as do individual cars (I found a friend's Fiat Twin-Cam engined striker undriveable due to different pedals and steering wheel), so the only real answer is to try one out.

totally agree, had a mate whos 6'4" sat comfortably in the passenger seat but drivers side couldnt due to my pedal layout,

im sure you could modify a pedal box to suit if needed..

jeffw

posted on 12/9/16 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
I'm in Paddock Wood (40 mins or so from Brighton) and you can come and sit in the Phoenix if you want.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.