Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dax rush 4 pots
Bigboystoys

posted on 31/7/17 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
Dax rush 4 pots

Evening all

Looking for a suitable pair of 4 pot calipers for the front of my Dax rush, it's running sierra uprights with standard sierra calipers and vented discs. It doesn't have the fancy Dax anti roll system which in lead to believe alters the type of caliper fitting required.

With 300bhp and doing a few track days I'm just looking for a little more positivity when on the brakes.

If anyone has anything suitable please give me a shout.

Thanks Sam

ReMan

posted on 31/7/17 at 11:31 PM Reply With Quote
What pads are you using?

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

mcerd1

posted on 1/8/17 at 07:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
What pads are you using?

^^what he said, and also have you got the 240mm front discs or the 260mm ones ?

-

Bigboystoys

posted on 1/8/17 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Running ebc red pads. It's got the 260 mm vented discs on which I'm guessing is why there are small steel brackets attached to each caliper to allow for the slightly bigger disc fitment.

Many thanks Sam

mcerd1

posted on 1/8/17 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
Most folk seem to prefer the Mintex M1144 pads - it might be worth a shot before spending a load of cash on fancy new calipers

if you just want a replacement kit ant you have standard sierra hubs then in theory any kit meant for the bog std. sierra will fit (ie. not cossie or 4x4 - and as long as your wheels are big enough...)

but you really shouldn't need to spend that much on the brakes to get good performance - what is that you think is lacking in the current setup ?

quote:
Originally posted by Bigboystoys
It's got the 260 mm vented discs on which I'm guessing is why there are small steel brackets attached to each caliper to allow for the slightly bigger disc fitment.

shouldn't need any brackets for 260mm discs, they work with slightly larger 59/60mm piston single pot calipers instead (standard on any sierra with ABS as well as XR4's, 4x4's & granada's)

are you sure you don't have 278mm discs - dax offered this as a effective & cheap upgrade - the standard 240mm disc calipers (54mm piston) are relocated with brakets to mount over the bigger cossie 4x4 discs

[Edited on 1/8/2017 by mcerd1]

-

Bigboystoys

posted on 1/8/17 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
I will take the wheel off and have a accurate measure with a vernier tonight,
it could well be that upgrade I have as the car was built by a Dax employee for his brother.

I would just like a bit more braking power when they are hot, plus there is that lovely look of some nice billet 4 pot calipers

Thanks Sam

[Edited on 1/8/17 by Bigboystoys]

mcerd1

posted on 1/8/17 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboystoys
I would just like a bit more braking power when they are hot, plus there is that lovely look of some nice billet 4 pot calipers

better pads could be the answer - a more track focused compound that like working a bit hotter than a road spec...
the Mintex M1144 or Ferodo DS2500's should be a cut above the EBC reds.

the 4 pots will look better, but thats a lot more expensive too

if you do change to 4 pots then I'd consider changing to a more normal size disc (ie what ever the kit is meant to use) - the std. caliper mounting brackets you get with most 4 pot kits won't work with the dax 278mm upgrade brackets and slightly smaller discs will save you a little unsprung weight too

[Edited on 1/8/2017 by mcerd1]

-

froggy

posted on 2/8/17 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
I've got some hi spec bolt on calipers for the 260mm Sierra upright with ds2500 and some brembo pads with a few hundred miles on . Worked well on my car but I gave 460hp to stop so going with some bigger brembo 4 pot calipers and discs . £300 with all fittings and pads

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/froggy_0[IMG]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.