Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cheap O/U Shotgun (12g, single trigger, ejectors)
computid

posted on 26/9/17 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
Cheap O/U Shotgun (12g, single trigger, ejectors)

I don't know if anybody here shoots, but just in case!

Here I have for sale my Baikal O/U 12 Gauge Shotgun with ejectors and a single trigger. I bought this gun last week with the intent to use it as a rough shooting gun, however I have a shoulder injury from a motorcycle accident some years ago and the shape of the butt of this gun unfortunately does not fit my shoulder as well as I'd hoped. I put about 10 cartridges through it personally before I decided it wasn't for me, however my father put another 90 or so through the gun today so I know it works perfectly fine.

This shotgun is in fair condition for its age and shoots well, it would make a good starter gun or second gun for out in the field. There is some pitting but not too bad, the blueing is about a 5 out of 10. There is a small crack in the bottom of the pistol grip but other than that the butt is in fair condition for the guns age and price.

The barrel length is 27" 3/4, Length to pistol grip is 13" 3/4 and the choke sizes are 1/4 and 1/2. It's a Right Handed gun. I'm asking what I paid for the gun, which is £110, and as such I won't take any offers on it as I think it's a fair price. Collection only from Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire and viewing highly recommended.

It goes without saying but I will obviously only sell the gun to those who hold and bring with them a valid SGC or RFD certificate.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

jps

posted on 26/9/17 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
Another hobby i'd love to take up if I had lots of time and money (I have neither!). Someone once told me that clay pigeon basically works out to £1 every time you pull the trigger (cost of cartridges and clays I guess?)?

Still - amazed that a shotgun can be had for £110! I assumed they'd cost hundreds....

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 26/9/17 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
With guns its a case of how much do you want to pay.........you can spend a lot if you really want to!
I know someone who customised his Ruger 10/22 to the tune of about £3500, match barrel, high end optics, custom receiver etc.......this is all on a gun which costs £295 brand new out of the packaging.

Best of luck with the sale

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

Shooter63

posted on 26/9/17 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
A good old solid gun, why don't you use it as a part ex, if you have shoulder problem there are 2 ways to counter the kick, one is to buy a gun with more weight, a gun meant for clay shooting will be much heavier or go to a semi auto using gas to re-cock the action ( nearly all are) avoid like the plague a browning a5 they had a barrel that moved to re-cock the action, the kick can be brutal, also get the gun fitted to you, it makes all the difference. When I shot clays competitively I used a miroku mk38 32" barrel 1/2 3/4 choke you could easily shoot 300 28g world cups a day no problem.

Shooter

Hopley89

posted on 26/9/17 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Nice guns, if i had room in my cabinet i would have this as a rough shooting gun
but all out of space

Good luck with sale

Agriv8

posted on 26/9/17 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
I’d chop it in. But any gun shop around here would give you a£100 quid for it and sell it to farmer for pest control !

Could you weigh it for me my mate is after a 12 bore for his daughter to use as she is getting ready to move up to 12 gauge at this price if not too heavy it might fit the bill ,

Ta Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

computid

posted on 27/9/17 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jps
Another hobby i'd love to take up if I had lots of time and money (I have neither!). Someone once told me that clay pigeon basically works out to £1 every time you pull the trigger (cost of cartridges and clays I guess?)?

Still - amazed that a shotgun can be had for £110! I assumed they'd cost hundreds....

Not really, £1 a pull would be ludicrous! I shoot at an expensive ground - £0.40p a clay - and I pay £200 for 1000 cartridges so £0.20p a cartridge makes it £0.60p every time you pull the trigger. If I drive another 20~ miles or so then I can get it for £0.28p a clay and £0.15p a cartridge (they allow plastic wad) so thats just £0.43p a pull.

At one time you could get a brand new Chinese shotgun at my local RFD for £50! I wouldn't personally recommend it, though . The Baikal I'm selling here is a 'Made in USSR' gun, but they're known to be very reliable guns that are very simple and agricultural but still provide a good all round gun.

quote:
Originally posted by Shooter63
A good old solid gun, why don't you use it as a part ex, if you have shoulder problem there are 2 ways to counter the kick, one is to buy a gun with more weight, a gun meant for clay shooting will be much heavier or go to a semi auto using gas to re-cock the action ( nearly all are) avoid like the plague a browning a5 they had a barrel that moved to re-cock the action, the kick can be brutal, also get the gun fitted to you, it makes all the difference. When I shot clays competitively I used a miroku mk38 32" barrel 1/2 3/4 choke you could easily shoot 300 28g world cups a day no problem.

I will use it as part ex if I have to, but I figure it's better to walk in with cash than with a gun and cash. Plus it gives somebody a chance to get a decent gun at a cheap price!

I get on really well with the Beretta Silver Pigeon for clays, so I'll be going down that route, but I still need a cheap gun for rough shooting. It's just the shape of the butt and how it fits my shoulder I think. Not a big fan of semi-autos, especially because they're frowned upon in certain circles and you also have to pick up your cartridges after shooting! And yeah I'll be getting a gun fit on whatever I buy for clays, but perhaps not straight away, and I don't want to do a £200 gun fit on a £100 gun if you know what I mean!

quote:
Originally posted by Hopley89
Nice guns, if i had room in my cabinet i would have this as a rough shooting gun
but all out of space

Good luck with sale

Sure you can't squeeze it in there?

Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by Agriv8
I’d chop it in. But any gun shop around here would give you a£100 quid for it and sell it to farmer for pest control !

Could you weigh it for me my mate is after a 12 bore for his daughter to use as she is getting ready to move up to 12 gauge at this price if not too heavy it might fit the bill

Not sure what I'd get chopping it in, but I will as a last resort if it doesn't sell. Sure thing, I'll weight it tonight/tomorrow and get back to you

computid

posted on 28/9/17 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Agriv8
Could you weigh it for me my mate is after a 12 bore for his daughter to use as she is getting ready to move up to 12 gauge at this price if not too heavy it might fit the bill

Okay I weighed it! 3.2kg/7lbs 1oz

Cheers!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.