Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Parcel Hero trying to rip me off, anyone else had problems?
trextr7monkey

posted on 30/11/17 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
Parcel Hero trying to rip me off, anyone else had problems?

Long story short -I sent some seats and door cards in a big box to Florida, parcel arrived, bloke very happy. A week later courier comes back saying after checking volumetric weight I am in error by about 5kg , this is on a parcel weighing 28 kg and standing about a metre tall. I was particularly keen when packing to keep length at a metre or less - they have measured it as about 105 cm which throws all of their other measurements into question. I am also suspiscious as to why it took them a week to discover this.
Here's the fun part in order to entertain a dispute I need to provide clear pics of the parcel being measured and weighed! Also a picture of the label and bar code firmly attached to the parcel, bearing in mind it arrived in Florida 2 weeks ago now!
They do say you can get a similar box and take photos of that. I have pointed out how ludicrous this is,, that I earn a living n by measuring and making things and that as far as I know the metric system is an accepted world standard...

I have asked for their calibration data and their photograph of the parcel being weighed and measured but they haven't come back yet
Anyone got any ideas or had similar problems? There was nothing to be gained by giving short measurements as the buyer wa s paying and in fact aid more for the courier than he did for the parts!!

all the best
Mike

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14016102@N00/ (cut and paste this dodgey link)

Our most recent pics are here:
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/trextr7monkey/

scootz

posted on 30/11/17 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
I experienced similar problems with Interparcel.

Sold a set of wheels with worn out tyres on them. I made ply circles to cover both sides of both rim's (up to half-way on the tyre sidewalls) and also put bubble wrap between the rims and the ply. I then wrapped each individually in black shrink-wrap. No part of the consignment was not thoroughly covered.

The courier happily collected them.

The missus was gardening whilst I was doing the wrapping and saw me.

The purchaser got the wheels and was delighted with the packing. He even said thanks for the ply / bubble-wrap.

A few days later, Interparcel dropped me an email to say that the courier had advised them that the wheels were not appropriately protected by the shrink-wrap. This incurred a £50 charge which Interparcel had paid on my behalf, and they required that I squared up with them immediately!

I got back to them to say that it may have looked like there was no protection, but the wheels were protected by old tyres, bubble-wrap, ply-circles AND completely covered with a heavy layer of shrink-wrap.

No good - I had to pay them the £50, as they had paid it to the courier on my behalf.

I explained that my wife and the purchaser could all attest to the wheels being safely wrapped. Not interested - I had to pay the £50.

I asked for proof that the wheels were not wrapped properly, but they could not supply any. I offered my first-hand witnesses testimony again, but that was not enough, they wanted photographs! I told them that I hadn't any photos's of the consignment, but could they please send me their photo's to provide proof of the improperly wrapped wheels. They didn't have any, nor did the courier.

In the end, they started pestering me with demands and the threat of legal action. I wrote back to them and told them it's not my problem that they paid-up so readily without seeking input from myself first, that I had witness testimony saying the wheels were wrapped suitable, that they could not provide any evidence to say that I had NOT wrapped the wheels protectively, and that they should stop bothering me or I would seek legal action against them.

Never heard from them again, but the upshot is that I'm now on their 'banned' list. I can no longer send via Interparcel, nor can anyone send a consignment to my address via Interparcel. Anyone who tries gets an email to say they 'do not deliver to this address'. Hardly confidence inspiring!

I was really disappointed with them as I had always used Interparcel and had no doubt made them a lot more money than £50 over the years.

It's Evolution Baby!

trextr7monkey

posted on 30/11/17 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
Interesting you now know to avoid Parcel Hero too!!
I have sent piles off stuff over the years and had very little hassle but this second guessing of my measurements has touched a nerve
Atb
Mike

nick205

posted on 30/11/17 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
I recently bought some tyres from Scootz - they arrived fast and very well packaged - even our store man who took the delivery at my work commented on how well packed they were!
scootz

posted on 30/11/17 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Nick. And those were only shrink-wrapped in pairs.

I tend to only buy tyres from brand dealers, and they never cover the tyres with anything when in transit - they just send them out with a sticky address label on them.

I was beyond annoyed with Interparcel. Real shame as they're often the cheapest and I'd never had a problem with them until this nonsense.

It's Evolution Baby!

bi22le

posted on 30/11/17 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
I received a new motorbike tire last week.

It had no covering or protect what so ever. There was about 100mm height of parcel tape, just enough to stick the delivery note pocket to!

Surely it is our responsibility if something is packed well or not?

Regarding OP, I would send them a picture of someyhing far smaller with the postage label attached stating that you have proof that you typed the measurements in wrong and now want a refund!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

trextr7monkey

posted on 30/11/17 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Ha ha I like the way you’re thinking!!
Atb
Mike

rdodger

posted on 1/12/17 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
I'm no Lawyer but surely if they collected it they have accepted the contract and therefore have no come back?

Does it mention in their t&c's they can do this?

trextr7monkey

posted on 1/12/17 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
That's the irony the courier insists on photos of the parcel but nowhere on their website with the fast quote does it say anything about taking loads of high quality images for when they f up, another strange thing is the extra cash they are demanding just takes them a couple of quid over the next in line company's price. Hmmmm

scootz

posted on 1/12/17 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
Courier T's & C's will give you a headache.

To summarise, they can pretty much do what they want.

I hardly ever 'insure' items nowadays as I have no confidence whatsoever that the company will pay out. That goes for the Post Office as well. I've tried making a few low-value claims from couriers and the PO when things have gone missing, or were damaged - absolute nightmare! And unsuccessful in each case.

It's Evolution Baby!

WallerZero

posted on 1/12/17 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
I've had numerous parcels go missing when being delivered. Every single time I have to go back to the seller as the courier won't deal with me as the recipient at all.

Most recently I had a Hermes parcel be delivered and signed for by me.....problem was I was 75 miles away for over 24 hours either side of the delivery time! It only got better as the courier claimed to have handed it to an Asian man inside my property! I'm neither Asian nor have an Asian lodger. I offered to prove my whereabouts, my ethnicity and also my tenancy but they never asked for it. The seller kept me updated to the point the courier agent was still adamant about handing it to someone in my property but less sure about them being Asian and the signature was illegible...eitherway that was a ballache and a half as initially I got nowhere as it was tracked as "delivered and signed for by customer". Had to deal with everything through the sender.

http://zachsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk/

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 1/12/17 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
Regarding OP, I would send them a picture of someyhing far smaller with the postage label attached stating that you have proof that you typed the measurements in wrong and now want a refund!

"Providing photographic evidence" always reminds me of this video....
Joe Lycett's parking fine

Sorry I can't offer any real advice on the situation, but if nothing else, hopefully this'll brighten up your Friday afternoon a bit!

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

owelly

posted on 1/12/17 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
I'm beginning to think all couriers are a lottery!! UPS told me they knocked on my front door and rung the doorbll but there was no answer....they didn't change their minds when I poited out that the delivery address was a powerstation, with no front door, or doorbell. The powerstation is within a secure military base wich is accessed through three security gates, each manned with armed MOD PLOD any of which would have signed-in a delivery driver and sent him to the powerstation. There was no record of UPS on-site that week.....
I buy tyres from Delticom and most of the stock comes by DPD from Germany. The tyres I'm tracking now are just passing Paris and will be with me on Monday....I've just got a text from DPD.UK telling me the tyres are stuck in snow at Billingham but will be with me tomorrow.
HERMES? Where can anyone start with them?! The delivery bods round here will leave stuff at the side of the road, in the bin, under a bush, under the neighbours bush, in a neighbours bush, in a nieghbours porch,...anywhere they like. They rarely leave a card so it's like a big daft treasure hunt!
Paisley Freight. Lots of bad press about these guys but I've sent wheels and tyres all over Europe with no problems. One of their couriers asked if I'd checked the weight of one of my packages as there was limit to how much his payload could total. I pointed out that the price was based on the wheel size and not the weight and he went off happy.

IMHO, once a courier has delivered the consignment, then the contract is fulfilled. Any requests for more money should be done at point of collection or the first hub/depot the consignment reaches. Tell 'em to 'coff.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
trextr7monkey

posted on 1/12/17 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
The parking fine clip is entertaining, thanks.
Owelly I am in agreement re the fulfilment of contract on safe delivery, I think if they had a major issue the parcel would have been quarantined as much easier to extract money when your goods are held hostage than once safely in the buyers garage.
Not heard from them today, but its early yet !
atb
Mike

NigeEss

posted on 2/12/17 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
I'm beginning to think all couriers are a lottery!!

Couldn't agree more.

Was due a delivery from UPS last Monday with a 7-7 window, popped out for ten mins about 5 to get milk and
came back to a "missed you, try again tomorrow" note. Rang them to get a narrower window but told can't do that.
Niece waited all day, no show. Rang again to be told the driver couldn't deliver as he had too many drops ! Finally
arrived Wednesday.

As for Hermes, "Your parcel has been left in the green bin", which was on the kerb as it was collection day,just
about got to it as the truck came down the road.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

scootz

posted on 2/12/17 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
The MyHermes drivers down my way are terrible - repeatedly say they've called when they haven't.

In most cases I wouldn't mind if they couldn't get round to me, but I can't stand their lies!

It's Evolution Baby!

Benzine

posted on 3/12/17 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
The MyHermes drivers down my way are terrible - repeatedly say they've called when they haven't.

In most cases I wouldn't mind if they couldn't get round to me, but I can't stand their lies!

You did the right thing with interparcel 100%. Most people get intimidated by such things so you did good. MyHermes recently left a parcel in my front hedge on a Sunday. Anybody who drove past would have seen it! Lucky I got it really.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.