Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Aaargh Excel - buttons won't print
Ivan

posted on 26/7/18 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
Aaargh Excel - buttons won't print

I have a workbook with a website masque I am developing with lots of VBA buttons. I want to print it but the buttons won't print. If you right click on each button, select "Format Control/Properties and tick Print Object " it will print. My problem is I cannot find a way to tick all the boxes in one go and don't want the agro of doing 10's of buttons individually - have tried googling for answer with no luck.

Anyone with an easy answer and a way to make the "print object" box ticked by default when adding buttons?

I have tried importing the screens into Word but for some unknown reasons it comes in all peculiar like with the table formatting messed up.

Could do it as images but then the file is too big for passing around. In South Africa we can't put Gov files on non-SA cloud services like Dropbox and the Gov. cloud services can't be accessed by private individuals.

Aaaaargh

nick205

posted on 26/7/18 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
Not sure on Excel, but on MS Word 2010 for example there's a tool that refreshes all inserted fields (e.g. filename, date etc.).

A search on Google oftens throws up some answers or at least forums with relevant discussions.

Ivan

posted on 26/7/18 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
OK I have found a partial solution - Control right click on all buttons on a page to select them all then set the Format Control for all of the selected buttons in one go. At least I only have to do it 20 times instead of many more times.
Mr Whippy

posted on 26/7/18 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
assuming your buttons are just shapes then you just hold down Ctrl and select them all, then right click to bring up properties and those setting will apply to all the buttons at the same time

Can't think any other way that Excel lets you do it

[Edited on 26/7/18 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 26/7/18 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
assuming your buttons are just shapes then you just hold down Ctrl and select them all, then right click to bring up properties and those setting will apply to all the buttons at the same time

No personal experience of this in Excel - but can you do Ctrl-A? i.e. select all.

Mr Whippy

posted on 27/7/18 at 06:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy

No personal experience of this in Excel - but can you do Ctrl-A? i.e. select all.

Nice one, yip that works very well, didn't know that one myself. Seems to auto select clusters of numbers too, always learning...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Agriv8

posted on 27/7/18 at 07:13 AM Reply With Quote
Microsoft snipping tool usually get me out of problems like this.

Its usually hidden away somewhere in the OS ( depending on your Versions )

type snipping in the search above start button and see if it there !

ATB Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.