Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cbs alternator
Nick

posted on 18/12/19 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
Cbs alternator

Just wondering if anyone has used the small alternator sold by cbs. Looks really good for my needs. Just seems really cheap. Will be fitting it to a pinto in a haynes roadsters.
What are your experiences people.

40inches

posted on 18/12/19 at 11:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nick
Just wondering if anyone has used the small alternator sold by cbs. Looks really good for my needs. Just seems really cheap. Will be fitting it to a pinto in a haynes roadsters.
What are your experiences people.

They are OK, but just a standard Alternator.
Contact starterman on here, I,m sure he can sell you one cheaper

cliftyhanger

posted on 19/12/19 at 07:11 AM Reply With Quote
Worth getting a genuine denso version. They are regularly for sale on fleabay for £70-80. Occasionally rather less.
The copies are not as well made, and have much shorter life.

ttalps2000

posted on 19/12/19 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
speak to starterman, he sells the genuine Denso units at a very good price. Had mine for the last 2 years and still going strong
starterman

posted on 20/12/19 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cliftyhanger
Worth getting a genuine denso version. They are regularly for sale on fleabay for £70-80. Occasionally rather less.

I have to say that is a load of pony. A genuine Denso alternator, and I mean a genuine one is more than that and the aftermarket ones that I sell are excellent quality. I do hate people talking about stuff they know nothing about.

starterman

posted on 20/12/19 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
£66 inc VAt and deivery if needed. Add on a couple of quid for a pulley if needed. That is all at cost price btw.
cliftyhanger

posted on 20/12/19 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by starterman
quote:
Originally posted by cliftyhanger

I have to say that is a load of pony. A genuine Denso alternator, and I mean a genuine one is more than that and the aftermarket ones that I sell are excellent quality. I do hate people talking about stuff they know nothing about.

No offence intended.. But I have 2 genuine denso's on my old cars. I paid £40 a pop for each a good few years ago. They were from a seller, like so often, had a load of them, guessing a clearance of some description. I have checked them carefully and am certain they are genuine.
Likewise I know of 2 people who bought copies, both died within a year.

Undoubtedly there are some quality aftermarket ones about, but equally many iffy ones from iffy sellers who disappear at the first sniff of an issue.

If I needed another I would happily buy one from you based on what others have said about the ones you sell.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.