Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Viento has a new home!
Feltwell

posted on 7/4/20 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
Viento has a new home!

Hello all! Just a quick introductory note, I've just bought DanP's Viento. Very pleased with the car - a little nerve wracking buying a car on the strength of photos and a video chat alone, not something I've ever done before, but I didn't want anyone else to snap this one up before me. Now I've got it here, I'm very pleased, clear that Dan took a lot of time and trouble over the build and all the details. It's not perfect of course, but I'd say it's the first vehicle I've bought that *is* as good as it looked in the photos!

Took it out for an essential journey to the supermarket yesterday, as it's clearly the perfect shopping car..... I am new to the world of kit cars so expect some daft questions, and here's daft question number 1.

It has an LT77 gearbox. I've only ever driven Land Rovers with this box before, I remembered it being quite notchy and, whilst I've got to get used to it, first impression is the same in the Viento, 2nd to 3rd especially. How do others find theirs, and have you found a different fluid helps?

I saw this Morgan article which suggests a synthetic oil by Difflock - it's expensive mind, but if it does the job.....

https://www.gomog.com/allmorgan/gearboxes2.html

Not sure which LT77 box I've got, haven't investigated that far yet.

Thanks everyone!

Geoff

rusty nuts

posted on 7/4/20 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome ,enjoy the car but a word of warning , these cars car bite, just take it easy for a while until you get used to it.
Feltwell

posted on 7/4/20 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
Yes, I think I'll be "Driving Miss Daisy" for a little while! Will certainly avoid the wet for a bit.
jollygreengiant

posted on 7/4/20 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the Luego Owners (and Builders) Club. Enjoy the car, once we are out of Lockdown. What part of the world do you live?

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Feltwell

posted on 7/4/20 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
I'm in Shropshire, not far from Shrewsbury. Nice part of the world for 4 or 2 wheels!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.