Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Auris/Prius hybrid disaster?
Dingz

posted on 26/4/20 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
Auris/Prius hybrid disaster?

Has anyone any experience of these cars? A neibour has an Auris hybrid thats sat on his drive for ages, it was tried to jump start but battery connected wrong way around! Any idea of where to start looking at what will have failed?
Thanks

Phoned the local ramblers club today, but the bloke who answered just
went on and on.

Duncan Grier

posted on 26/4/20 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
I imagine there would be fused protection so start with checking these, also test the battery
britishtrident

posted on 26/4/20 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
Wrong connection can cause huge damage but it might be the 12v starting battery failure alone can cause a lot issues on hybrids

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

markie6575

posted on 27/4/20 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
Did he jump it on the battery in the boot or the jumping point under the bonnet?
There is a large fuse in the engine bay that probably needs replaced. It's beside the jump point.

Dingz

posted on 28/4/20 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies so far, it was jumped at the bonnet, I'll try to check the fuses shortly, I understand the battery the boot was pretty knackered.

went on and on.

Mr Whippy

posted on 28/4/20 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
did you try just putting in a decent new battery and see if anything actually comes on?

oh dear... linky

[Edited on 28/4/20 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dingz

posted on 8/5/20 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
An update on this, the handbook says there is a main fuse in the underbonnet fuse box, the inside of the fusebox lid says there is, but where the fuse should be is a hefty cable connector dissapearing into the mass of wiring, all the fuses looked ok. I removed the 12v battery and charged it a while then put a conditioning type charger on it, it seems to be holding some charge so I put it back in the car when connected the alarm sounded and various llights were flashing. Turned on the power and stopped the alarm, pressed the pedal and it started fine! got an ABS and another brake warning light on but the car is driveable. I can only think there is a thermal overload or something in the system which protected it thank goodness.

went on and on.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.