Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: insurance renewal - always worth getting a new quote
02GF74

posted on 16/5/20 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
insurance renewal - always worth getting a new quote

My policy for the tintop renewed this morning but I did a quote on moneysupermarket yesterday that was £ 10 more but had compulsory excess of £45 instead of £ 95.

So I call Hastings, after 5 minutes of Yabba Yabba pressing buttons for various options, it ends up with we cannot help you with changes to your policy so go on line argghh!!!!

So I go online who tell me policy changes can only be done via phone, I explained the above so told to select another option.
Same again argghhh!!!!

So I tried 3rd time selecting "cancel policy" option. (possible because companies do not want to lose customer?)

Got through and the excess was adjusted for a cost of £1.43 more, so better then online quote. Then I was asked if there were any other changes to policy. Now since I commute on bike, my annual mileage is low so I asked to change from 6,000 to 5,000 miles per year and cost dropped by £ 6.67, ok not a huge amount but a. why pay for something you don't need and b. it's either a gallon of petrol or a starter and naan bread. I did think about dropping the commute part but left that in in case I had to drive in to work.

So the moral of the sorry is, always get a quote at insurance time, you may get a reduction and every little helps.

roadrunner

posted on 17/5/20 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
And don't leave it to the last couple of days.
I've had quotes in advance but left it to the last minute to finalise and pay and the quote shot up.
Delayed the renewal date for a couple of days and it went back down.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.