Board logo

Kris Meeke - Metro 6R4 Rally Ireland
madrallysport - 26/1/10 at 09:46 PM

Kris done a demo run before the final stage of rally ireland in a Group B metro 6r4. I've never seen a metro driven like it and i found this clip tonight of it.

Enjoy classic rally fans - Kris Meeke - Metro 6R4 Rally Ireland

loggyboy - 26/1/10 at 09:48 PM

Gorgeous - sounds like an F1 car.

COREdevelopments - 26/1/10 at 09:48 PM

awesome! thanks for sharing it. some great driving there.

Rob

dan8400 - 27/1/10 at 07:51 AM

I'd love a 6r4. Has anyone managed to build a successful replica I wonder? Donor engine would be a problem... the only other car to use the same engine is the Jag XJ220 (it had added turbos which you might as well use too )

Dan

speedyxjs - 27/1/10 at 08:10 AM

Lurch88 - 27/1/10 at 08:59 AM

Bring Back Group B!!!!!!!!

55ant - 27/1/10 at 09:25 AM

brilliant! love seing these at goodwood fos, great age in rallying, but chuffing dangerous.

procomp - 27/1/10 at 09:47 AM

Oh Yea Group B. When a car had wings when the drivers drove for days on end. When you only had to build 200. When shivers would run down your spine just at the sight of a car.

Have i ever said i like the old group B cars. Lol

GROUP B link

Matt

MikeRJ - 27/1/10 at 05:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dan8400
I'd love a 6r4. Has anyone managed to build a successful replica I wonder? Donor engine would be a problem... the only other car to use the same engine is the Jag XJ220 (it had added turbos which you might as well use too )

Dan

Donor engine is the easy bit, donor transmisson is pretty much impossible to find.

Liam - 27/1/10 at 07:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Oh Yea Group B. When a car had wings when the drivers drove for days on end. When you only had to build 200. When shivers would run down your spine just at the sight of a car.

Have i ever said i like the old group B cars. Lol

GROUP B link

Matt

I love Metallica - but FFS dont use it instead of the sound of group B rally cars!!

6R4 - mmmmmmmmmmm

procomp - 27/1/10 at 08:31 PM

Hi

Thinking about it the closest home made attempt to a 6R4 i have ever seen was based on a Reliant kitten if i remeber. Sure it used to race in a Oulton park championship. That would have been around 15 years ago though.

Liam . Lol

Matt

Ferg - 20/2/10 at 02:43 PM

A decent replica 6R4 would involve so much 6R4 it'd be expensive, in my opinion.
The AWD system layout along with the drive shaft through the sump makes it all a bit bespoke at the back.
At least the shell would be relatively cheap, although the last V64V in ours was £25K.

NigeEss - 21/2/10 at 12:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by procomp
GROUP B link

Ahh,..... those were the days .............................Burn in hell you H&S Barstewards.........

Matt