Board logo

Have we all been barking up the wrong tree?
MakeEverything - 23/1/11 at 09:40 AM

Ive been following these guys for a while now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8yIwnGXhPg&feature=autoplay&list=ULsi0C1o9ufzY&index=16&playnext=3

They seem to make use of their old sierra's rather than rip them all apart!!

interestedparty - 23/1/11 at 12:40 PM

I don't usually bother clicking threads with teaser titles, now I remember why...

MikeR - 23/1/11 at 01:33 PM

is it me or is the engine ready to go bang? Seems to be putting out a lot of smoke on gear change.

MakeEverything - 23/1/11 at 01:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by interestedparty
I don't usually bother clicking threads with teaser titles, now I remember why...

In all honesty, id rather you didnt contribute to any of my threads at all. All you seem to come out with is abuse or negativity. Just because youre not interested in something Mr, interestedparty, doesnt mean that nobody else would be.

No need to reply.

chunky2772 - 23/1/11 at 04:57 PM

I know what you mean mate! Theres two many twisters on this forum my wife aint even that bad. ( ha ha )
I used to make and fly model aircraft everytime i visited my club they done nothing but twist at the way i flew my models so gave up the hobbie. It seems what ever hobbie you have theres always somone having a go i think they get a kick out of it. Anyway take no notice of the twisters!

interestedparty - 23/1/11 at 05:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MakeEverything
quote:

In all honesty, id rather you didnt contribute to any of my threads at all. All you seem to come out with is abuse or negativity. Just because youre not interested in something Mr, interestedparty, doesnt mean that nobody else would be.

No need to reply.

Just put something in the title to indicate what it is about, don't be such an attention seeker, probably scared nobody would read your thread I expect.

[Edited on 23/1/11 by interestedparty]

MakeEverything - 23/1/11 at 06:57 PM

quote:

Just put something in the title to indicate what it is about, don't be such an attention seeker, probably scared nobody would read your thread I expect.

I wish you wouldnt. Your contributions are shocking on all counts. Do us all a favour and wee off, or wind it in.

quote:

Just put something in the title to indicate what it is about,

There was enough in the original post to give you an idea, unless you have trouble reading.

[Edited on 23-1-11 by MakeEverything]

r1_pete - 23/1/11 at 07:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
is it me or is the engine ready to go bang? Seems to be putting out a lot of smoke on gear change.

I couldn't decide whether it was the engine or tyres, seemed to twitch a fair bit at gearchange.

I like what they've done, but always thought the 2 door Sierra was quite a nice looking car....

interestedparty - 23/1/11 at 07:54 PM

quote:
There was enough in the original post to give you an idea, unless you have trouble reading.

[Edited on 23-1-11 by MakeEverything]

In the TITLE I said.

HTH, attention seeker.

gottabedone - 23/1/11 at 08:02 PM

For someone so disinterested, you not only felt the need to watch the video but also comment on it

This is about as helpful as the unhelpful "I've got no idea how to solve your problem but someone will be along soon to help" posts that we see.

Youtube got spoilt this way where some users aren't interested in content - only provoking a b1tch fight.

Steve

snakebelly - 23/1/11 at 08:07 PM

i agree, if its of no interest then read it, ignore it and move on

interestedparty - 23/1/11 at 08:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gottabedone
For someone so disinterested, you not only felt the need to watch the video but also comment on it

This is about as helpful as the unhelpful "I've got no idea how to solve your problem but someone will be along soon to help" posts that we see.

Are you referring to me with that? Have you EVER seen me post a "I've got no idea how to solve your problem but someone will be along soon to help"?

And no, I didn't watch the video, once I realised that it was all a big attention seeking timewaste. Not everybody has fast-running broadband, people should put something in the title to say what it's about, then maybe those people will have less of their time wasted.

chunky2772 - 23/1/11 at 08:31 PM

I totaly agree with that read if you don't like then just move on.
My car build was my escape from the wife bitching at me to many people twist about silly things.

dlatch - 24/1/11 at 12:47 AM

interesting home for a blown bmw lump

way cooler than the bmw it came from anyway

Ninehigh - 24/1/11 at 01:52 AM

What the smeg is this twisting? It sounds to me like trolling, or "being a cnut" as I often call it

scootz - 24/1/11 at 08:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
What the smeg is this twisting...

Was wondering that myself!

Strontium Dog - 24/1/11 at 12:22 PM

quote:

It is probabaly just overfueling due to being maped for a turbo! My GTFour spits fuel out the back with the hammer down and would spray anything that could keep up!

Oh, and I like it too, I bet that pisses some boxter owners off!

[Edited on 24/1/11 by Strontium Dog]

Kriss - 24/1/11 at 12:59 PM

quote:

exhuast gas out is in the front wheel arch!

Angel Acevedo - 24/1/11 at 01:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by snakebelly
i agree, if its of no interest then read it, ignore it and move on

This has to be included on Forum Rules!!
"If its of no interest then read it, ignore it and move on"

MakeEverything - 24/1/11 at 02:44 PM

quote:
What the smeg is this twisting? It sounds to me like trolling, or "being a cnut" as I often call it

Lol, and there was me being polite! Well said though, and thanks guys. Im glad it wasnt just me.

blakep82 - 24/1/11 at 03:25 PM

my favourite is when you ask about something specificm and everyone pitches in with suggestions of other things, and your original question never gets answered

MakeEverything - 24/1/11 at 08:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
my favourite is when you ask about something specificm and everyone pitches in with suggestions of other things, and your original question never gets answered

Whats the Date for Newark?

blakep82 - 24/1/11 at 08:12 PM

quote:
quote:

Whats the Date for Newark?

i mean like for example if i was to ask about replacing the seal in Gaz shocks, someone will say, ooh, you should have bought protech, then someone else will say how easy it is to replace the seals in protech shocks, then someone else will tell you gaz shocks leak really bad, but sometimes, no one answers the actual question you asked generally its pretty good though on here

hmm, i want a big turbo in a car, i'd even think about doing it to my bmw 328... if i thought the bodywork was worth the cost of doing it.

that is some awesome power in that car though

scootz - 24/1/11 at 08:18 PM

My mum won't let me eat Smarties...

MakeEverything - 24/1/11 at 09:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
My mum won't let me eat Smarties...

Its the way you eat them you animal!!

MakeEverything - 24/1/11 at 09:04 PM

quote:
i mean like for example if i was to ask about replacing the seal in Gaz shocks, someone will say, ooh, you should have bought protech, then someone else will say how easy it is to replace the seals in protech shocks, then someone else will tell you gaz shocks leak really bad, but sometimes, no one answers the actual question you asked generally its pretty good though on here

See now youre "Attention Seeking"......apparently.....

ChrisW - 24/1/11 at 09:14 PM

A 3-door Sierra is definitely on my 'to build' list. Must be the early shape though without the extra window at the back. I'd always thought a BMW v12 would work well in one of those, but perhaps the blown M50 is cooler.

If anyone has a decent shell left ovedo after it donating it's mechanicals do let me know!!

Cheers, Chris

username - 24/1/11 at 09:23 PM

quote:
quote:

Lol, and there was me being polite! Well said though, and thanks guys. Im glad it wasnt just me.

LOL at the desperation of wanting someone to side with you against interested guy!!!

Seemed to me like NineHigh was simply making a comment in regard to the term twisting...

Ah well, it takes allsorts to make an interested forum doesn't it

MakeEverything - 24/1/11 at 09:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by username
quote:
quote:

LOL at the desperation of wanting someone to side with you against interested guy!!!

Whatever. Is interestedparty a mate of yours or a relative? Read the whole of the comment and youll see the whole context.

daviep - 24/1/11 at 09:49 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Whatever. Is interestedparty a mate of yours or a relative? Read the whole of the comment and youll see the whole context.

Your apostrophe button doesn't seem to be working

We've not had a good moan about spelling or grammar recently, anybody want to start?

Ninehigh - 24/1/11 at 10:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by daviep
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Your apostrophe button doesn't seem to be working

We've not had a good moan about spelling or grammar recently, anybody want to start?

<Thanks people because I've learnt a new word>

<Insert comment about Nazis, normal or grammar flavoured>

ReMan - 24/1/11 at 10:05 PM

Leave Grandma out of it!
Have you considered a bike engine?

MakeEverything - 24/1/11 at 10:18 PM

Lol @ everyone from DavieP on page 1!! Quality.

owelly - 24/1/11 at 10:19 PM

Why hasn't someone posted a "yaaawwwwwwn" yet? They're equally as pointless. A bit like my reply really. However, if we could have a "pass the popcorn" then I'd be rolling on the floor peeing myself as well as laughing out loud.......not.

MakeEverything - 24/1/11 at 10:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by owelly
Why hasn't someone posted a "yaaawwwwwwn" yet? They're equally as pointless. A bit like my reply really. However, if we could have a "pass the popcorn" then I'd be rolling on the floor peeing myself as well as laughing out loud.......not.

Tuesday. - Or is that pointless as well?

Sausages. - Damnit....

scootz - 24/1/11 at 10:21 PM

No popcorn, but I have half a bag of these that I can share...

owelly - 24/1/11 at 10:25 PM

Share? Have you forgotten where you live???
(See? I chucked in a bit a racism there just to get noticed....!)

MakeEverything - 24/1/11 at 10:28 PM

quote:

Attention Seeker....

ooooh, i shouldnt really. Im so desperate for you to all side with me......

[slow monotone patronising voice] Stop it, i think youre really course and that you should stop it right now [/slow monotone patronising voice]

scootz - 24/1/11 at 10:30 PM

quote:

Twister!

MakeEverything - 24/1/11 at 10:32 PM

quote:
quote:

Twister!

Dont get ninehigh started again! I cant stand the abuse!

blakep82 - 25/1/11 at 12:18 AM

quote:
No popcorn, but I have half a bag of these that I can share...

i like them, too much sugar disagrees with me though

i'll have one of these

SWANEEEE!

interestedparty - 25/1/11 at 09:11 AM

In case anyone is wondering what all the fuss is about (I know I am), my moan is not about the fact that he posted a link to a youtube video about a modified Sierra, it's not that at all, as far as I'm concerned anyone can post a link about anything they want.

No, what gets me is when people don't give a clue in the title, the bit that appears under the forum heading, just what the feck the post is about.

For instance, why not say "interesting Sierra on youtube"? What would have been wrong with that? Or something else along those lines? Then, anybody who might have been interested (which might have included me, or might not) could have had a look, and anyone who wasn't interested could have moved on to another thread.

Now when the site is runnng quick, and if someones got a good broadband connection, then maybe it doesn't matter if they spend a couple of seconds looking to see what a thread is about and finding it is something that doesn't interest them, but if they've had to wait a while for the page to open then I reckon it does matter.

So the moral of the story is, put something in the title to let people know what it is about, seems a reasonable thing to do, why would anyone disagree? I mean, whats the point of having a title at all if people are going to conceal the topic of the thread. Then we could just have thread 1, thread 2, thread 3 and so on.........

Davegtst - 25/1/11 at 10:03 AM

scootz - 25/1/11 at 10:14 AM

kevmcdo - 25/1/11 at 10:36 AM

Intersted party I think after all the posts that have taken you are still missing the point slightly!?!

Your point may have been valid in your first response but it was the manner / tone that you chose to air your point that has sparked the responses.

interestedparty - 25/1/11 at 10:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kevmcdo
Intersted party I think after all the posts that have taken you are still missing the point slightly!?!

Your point may have been valid in your first response but it was the manner / tone that you chose to air your point that has sparked the responses.

I can see that, but it kind of got that way when the guy had a go at me back, totally rejecting the point I was making, you said yourself just there that it was valid, but he didn't agree, and that's just the way it went after that.

ChrisW - 25/1/11 at 12:32 PM

I'm closing this thread as it's pointless.

Chris