Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Nissan quality, not ! Shockaruney !
britishtrident

posted on 11/2/10 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
Nissan quality, not ! Shockaruney !

Sitting behind an 07 plate Nissan X trail at the traffic lights this morning I noticed its tailgate was rusting through along the bottom edge, Nissan/Datsun were never the most rust free of the Japanese manufacturers but for a modern car to rust through in three years or less is shocking.

Well done Renault for bring Nissan down to French build quality levels.

[Edited on 11/2/10 by britishtrident]

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

blakep82

posted on 11/2/10 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
not cool. depends what they've been doing with it though i guess. if they've done something to chip the paint off the bottom, say a few months after they got it..? reversed too close to (or into) a wall with the tail open for example

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Phil.J

posted on 11/2/10 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
It can be quite common with 4X4s to use them to tow boats, and launch them off the trailers by reversing down slipways and dip the rear end of the vehicle into the sea, with obvious consequencies!
nick205

posted on 11/2/10 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm possibly not a fair representation of Nissan. As above, there is plenty of scope for user induced problems on any vehicle and 4x4's probably more so.
franky

posted on 11/2/10 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
Nissan will never be the same since Renault got involved. The Last reliable nissans are upto 2003ish.

I've been told that the Z range and GT-R are still made the way Nissan use to without any involvement from the French.

prawnabie

posted on 11/2/10 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
Yet another example of the mentality that has got this country into the state it is
blakep82

posted on 11/2/10 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by prawnabie
Yet another example of the mentality that has got this country into the state it is

eh? lol

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

locoboy

posted on 11/2/10 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
I break land rovers all day every day and land Rovers inability to manufacture a corrosion resistant product still astounds me.

We have jsut had a Cat D salvage vehicle in and its a 56 plate defender.

There is ally bubling and corrosion serious enough to remove the paint on the rear of the vehicle, its not even on or near an edge.

Even their paint quality is crap, all the van sides you will see are just absolute orange peel.

How they can justify selling the vehicle new for £15K plus is an absolute joke.

ATB
Locoboy

britishtrident

posted on 11/2/10 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by franky
Nissan will never be the same since Renault got involved. The Last reliable nissans are upto 2003ish.

I've been told that the Z range and GT-R are still made the way Nissan use to without any involvement from the French.

Actually the original Z cars were true rust buckets --- the French or Italians never designed in so much instant iron oxide in one vehicle.

[/I]

britishtrident

posted on 11/2/10 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Phil.J
It can be quite common with 4X4s to use them to tow boats, and launch them off the trailers by reversing down slipways and dip the rear end of the vehicle into the sea, with obvious consequencies!

Funny it never affected my old Austin Champ.

Seriously this X-Trail had pretty obviously done nothing more than the school run.

[/I]

l0rd

posted on 11/2/10 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
Don't blame car companies abou their cars rusting.

Blame the county that are driven in.

Our Renault in Greece, at the age of 20 is still pretty much rust free

britishtrident

posted on 11/2/10 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by l0rd

I bet it will be an R11 or R9 --- they were pretty good rust wise.

[/I]

prawnabie

posted on 11/2/10 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think it is a fair assumption to make against Nissan or Renault. I work for Renault and I know they have there fair share of problems, but I think you have let your personal opinion of the french car industry cloud your judgement here BT.

For all we know, the car may of had a cheap repair job done at some point or had the boot door opened against a wall a few times.

P.s My above post was in the wrong thread sorry blake!

[Edited on 11/2/10 by prawnabie]

MikeRJ

posted on 11/2/10 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

When other cars manage to be rust free for much longer than 3 years I'll blame the car I think!

hillbillyracer

posted on 11/2/10 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
I would'nt blame the French influence if Nissan do have a paint /rust problem. For all their faults corrosion resistance is pretty good on french stuff, I see a fair few old Peugeots & a few Citroens & Renaults to work on. You rarely see cosmetic corrosion around the edges of panels, doors, arches etc. Often the paint peeling a bit due it not sticking to the galvanizing very well, not rust is not an issue.

Fords & Vauxhalls however...

l0rd

posted on 11/2/10 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
quote:

I bet it will be an R11 or R9 --- they were pretty good rust wise.

R21

Should i remind that Vauxhall was the one that recaled several cars due to a bad design of the subframe? that used to withhold water and rust like sh*t?

All manufacturers have their good and bad.

There isn't not even a single car that is perfect.

Remember, they are only supposed to last for 100K miles. That is their life expectancy.

Even a 3 year old car, can have 100K+ miles and be in a worst condition than a 10 year old car with 100K miles on the clock.

[Edited on 11/2/10 by l0rd]

02GF74

posted on 11/2/10 at 11:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

There isn't not even a single car that is perfect.

porsche? i read that the largest percentage of cars still in existance wnet to porsche.

RK

posted on 12/2/10 at 12:22 AM Reply With Quote
Have a word with your government regarding use of road salt. Last winter trip to Luxembourg was like driving through the ocean. A bit of ice just makes things a bit more interesting!

Road salt KILLS CARS. Also use of an all season tyre helps traction quite a bit, as long as it isn't deep snow.

Simon

posted on 12/2/10 at 12:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RK
Have a word with your government ......trip to Luxembourg

RK,

I know you guys in the colonies think Europe is one big happy country, but Luxembourg has it's own government. So do we in the UK.

It's in Brussels and it doesn't speako da inglish innit

ATB

Simon

:{THC}:YosamiteSam

posted on 13/2/10 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by franky

wrong - still has french connections every plant in the group has tight financial controls of mr charlos ghosn.. a very very shrewd man - and french..

the x-trails are made in spain if i remember right.. some in japan too

nissan usually has sister plants in japan which mirror euro - american plants making the same cars - BUT the japanese market is totally different - the cars are the same but the parts and the quality control is TOTALLY different.
the buyer in japan demands more then we do - yea believe that eh! but they do.. i work at the sunderland plant and have access to some good facts n figures etc - japanese spec cars built in japan are built to a higher and tighter tolerance - thats the buyers demand - not the companys policy..

japanese cars also have to have an MOT from new - they also give to the customer the vehicle history card which has been with the car from bare chassis to test drive.. would be nice to get that for our cars.. government legislation prevents it but they are kept for a certain amount of time..

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.