Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Peugot 206 Cabriolet
MikeLR

posted on 17/3/10 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
Peugot 206 Cabriolet

Youngest daughter "fancies" a 206 Cabriolet,
does anyone have any thoughts on the matter, any good? known faults?is the closure of the roof reliable?etc.
Thanks
Mike

blakep82

posted on 17/3/10 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
mum has a 307cc. awful car.
in a 20 minute drive you get just about every error message you can imagine on the screen, apparently theres no replacement exhausts except proper peugeot ones, which cost a fortune. roof's quite clever, and is about the only thing that work properly on hers. its tried to kill me a few times but that was the pedal getting stuck under the carpet, but i do find that if you roll up to a roundabout in 2nd, see a gap and decide to go for it, you put your foot down, and nothing happens. by this time cars are coming at you pretty fast and its too late to go or stop.

hers has a lpg conversion which might be the cause for many of the problems though

[Edited on 17/3/10 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

r1_pete

posted on 17/3/10 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
I had a 02 206 from new, worse car I've ever owned, poor panel fit, water leaks, pedals sticking under the carpet, interior squeeks and rattles.. the handling was also pretty poor for a small car, very front heavy, it was a diesel mind...

If she must have a convertible, an MX5 would be a better buy, a hardtop is available too.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
speedyxjs

posted on 17/3/10 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
I learnt to drive in a 206. Hated it. Had all sorts of electrical problems and the brakes stuck on while i was driving it.

Then my mum brought a 307 and that suffered exactly the same problems.

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

rayward

posted on 17/3/10 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
really limited headroom, front and back
electrical gremlins !, also had a gearbox input shaft bearing fail at 26k miles

Ray

perksy

posted on 17/3/10 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
The 206 convertible has a known problem of the metal roof not closing correctly (stops a couple of inches short)
Also problems with water leaks due to poor seals on the roof

*If* She fancies a convertible an MX5 would be worth a look, Just beware rust

Just found a nice MX5 on an 04 plate for a Mate BUT some of the others We looked at had fairly serious rust issues considering how old they were...

MikeLR

posted on 17/3/10 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
I suggested the MX5, but her words were - "what if I cant get the roof up if it rains !"
Its better having a bit of difficulty closing a Rag top than having a motor/selonoid fault.
Mike

blakep82

posted on 17/3/10 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeLR
I suggested the MX5, but her words were - "what if I cant get the roof up if it rains !"

by the sound of things, same goes for the 206...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

speedyxjs

posted on 17/3/10 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
There are plenty of other convertables with electric roofs. Doesnt the MGF have an electric one?

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

morcus

posted on 17/3/10 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
My dad had a 3 door 206 2.0 diesel and it was a brilliant car but he had to borrow an entry level one whilst it was being fixed and it was terrible.

On Vauxhall Calibras the boot can only be shut by holding down a button and it takes quite a long time, so you might want to check if the 206 has anything simillar. Your much better off with an MG or a Mazda I would've thought as you don't get any boot space with the roof down, and you'll have serious problems when the roof brakes.

Have you considered a C3 Pluriel? They drive well, have a decent amount of space inside and If you keep the bars in place the Roof is up at the touch of a button. You can also use it almost like a conventional hatch as the two piece tailgate opens fully. Its Probably based on a 206 as well.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

iank

posted on 17/3/10 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeLR
Its better having a bit of difficulty closing a Rag top than having a motor/selonoid fault.
Mike

You have to stop in either car to raise the roof (I've spoken to people who think you can press the button at 70mph on the folding metal ones )

When I was a passenger in an MX5 putting up the roof seemed pretty simple.

You can now get an MX5 with an electric hardtop if she's buying new.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

02GF74

posted on 18/3/10 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
coinvertible? MGF - much cheapness, probably not that much goodnessm but hell, it can't be as bad as the peugeot?

or can it!?!??!?!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.