New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Blyton Park bought by Ginetta
jeffw

posted on 22/3/17 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
Blyton Park bought by Ginetta

Just in case anyone is not aware

Ginetta Acquires Blyton Park Driving Centre
22/03/2017

Yorkshire car manufacturer Ginetta, a subsidiary of the LNT Group, has today (Wednesday 22 March) announced that it has purchased Blyton Park Driving Centre, a test track in Gainsborough. Former owner Richard Usher is staying on board at the circuit and will continue to manage day to day operations for Ginetta.

As one of the UK’s busiest test facilities, Blyton’s strong business proposition fits well with Ginetta’s wider dedication to the sport making the Yorkshire business a logical buyer for the Circuit. Ginetta has long been a bastion of British Motorsport, with a well-established commitment to breeding the next generation of racing stars. As the new owner of Blyton, Ginetta’s priority will be to protect the flexibility it offers to drivers, manufacturers and motorsport fans alike across the sport.

Improvement plans are already in motion to enhance Blyton’s customer experience through progressive development of the circuit. Plans include additional circuit configurations within the existing complex, along with improved facilities for competitors. All development opportunities will take into consideration the requirements of the individuals, organisations and manufacturers who currently use the track.

Already one of Blyton Park’s biggest customers, Ginetta will continue to use the circuit for all car shakedowns, as well as a venue for customer and corporate track events with plans to make dedicated areas - such as a flat patch - available for customers to hire for set-up. By keeping cars available on site, Ginetta will also give Blyton’s drivers and motorsport fans the opportunity to hire vehicles, including their G40 Club Car.

Nick Portlock, Ginetta Commercial Director; “The purchase of Blyton Park made ideal business sense to Ginetta. It’s one of the UK’s biggest testing facilities and we are one of its biggest customers. We plan to invest in improving the customer offering and experience at the circuit, as it’s crucial for us to ensure it remains ‘business as usual’ with all manufacturers encouraged to continue to use the facility.”

Richard Usher, Blyton Park Managing Director; “Ginetta and I have a fantastic passion for motorsport and are keen to see racing talent flourish. Ginetta is heavily invested in their motorsport career ladder whilst Blyton Park is an ideal place to hone your race craft whether it be on two wheels or four. The circuit has gone from strength to strength in recent years, and the purchase by Ginetta is exactly what we need to continue the development. I am incredibly excited to begin the next chapter in Blyton Park’s history and I am sure our customers are too.”

[Edited on 22/3/17 by jeffw]

daniel mason

posted on 22/3/17 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
Hopefully it won't increase our prices.especially at the wscc sprint which although is a good weekend. Isn't the best value for money on the calender!
At least Richard is staying on.hes a good guy!

jeffw

posted on 23/3/17 at 07:53 AM Reply With Quote
Staying for 3 years. I would expect it to become much more corporate and, inevitable, more expensive. I spoke to Richard briefly about this weekend before last as he had announced it to the group I was with.

There will be a lot more Ginetta testing and the workshop/offices etc to support that I would expect.

SteveWallace

posted on 23/3/17 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
I hope that they still allow Frank to run his charity track days. Good fun and a good cause.

"I know every nut and bolt and cog in that car, I built it myself" - The Prisoner, 1967

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.