Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Good guy Jackie Stewart
David Jenkins

posted on 13/4/17 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
Good guy Jackie Stewart

My daughter's father-in-law Neil Davis died a couple of weeks ago, and the funeral was yesterday. Over the past few days I've found out what sort of person Neil was - he was the chief mechanic for the Tyrrell F1 team when Jackie Stewart was starting out together with Jody Scheckter.

Apparently, at the funeral, Jackie Stewart stood up and said that he owed his first few championships to Neil, and gave an excellent eulogy. What a gentleman, after all these years...

BRDC notice

[Edited on 13/4/17 by David Jenkins]

slingshot2000

posted on 13/4/17 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
I met Jackie a few years ago, a true Gent.
britishtrident

posted on 13/4/17 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
Jackie is a great guy genuine and very wise with regard to F1 , strangely individuals on the internet who claim to be F1 fans seem hate him with a vengence, Nicki Lauda who I also have tremendous respect for seems to draw the same despicable reaction for no-reason.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

James

posted on 13/4/17 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
Greetings Folks! Long time no post!

David,

Any idea if your Father-in-law knew Neil Trundle?

By the look of it they both worked at Tyrrell at the same time. Did Neil Davis work on the P34 (6-wheeler)?

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

David Jenkins

posted on 13/4/17 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
Unsure - and it's not a good time to ask just now, for obvious reasons - too soon... I might ask when we go over to visit my daughter and her family in a few months time (they live in Sydney). I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was involved with the six-wheeler, as long as it was before BAR took over Tyrrell (that's when Neil left the company as he wasn't impressed with BAR).

David Jenkins

posted on 13/4/17 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
Jackie is a great guy genuine and very wise with regard to F1 , strangely individuals on the internet who claim to be F1 fans seem hate him with a vengence, Nicki Lauda who I also have tremendous respect for seems to draw the same despicable reaction for no-reason.

Bernie Ecclestone hated him because he told the truth about F1 - which is one reason for liking Jackie a lot!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.